Latest post Wed, Apr 11 2012 10:07 PM by gspfilmworks. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 25 2011 7:08 AM

Z400 MC 5.5.2 Adrenaline HD multicam Problem

I have a customer who is working with Media Composer Adrenaline HD using version 5.5.2, they use DNxHD 120 codec on ​​a project 1080i/50. There is no problem when adding a group using the 4-way multicam in the source monitor, but when they edit using the multicam mode they get a freeze frame in the client monitor (in the record monitor they are watching the multicam perfectly) ,this  frame is always the frame in which they are in the timeline when they press play and when they stop playing the last frame played appears frozen in the client monitor.

Spec´s:

Cpu: Z400 gen2 6GB of RAM

O.S: Win 7 Pro

DNA: Adrenaline HD

Media Composer 5.5.2

Storage: Raid (8 drives) SAS double-channel (the footage is in this Raid)

Client monitor: TV Logic LVM-241W

Does anyone know something about this issue?

• Mon, Apr 9 2012 2:44 PM In reply to

Re: Z400 MC 5.5.2 Adrenaline HD multicam Problem

Hi Juan,

Did you ever get a solution to this issue. I'm seeing the same thing here. I've been google searching the internet but do not find any multicam performance guide documents anywhere. I can't find any info saying that multicam DNxHD, be it only DNxHD36, should not work on Adrenaline.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Mon, Apr 9 2012 9:37 PM In reply to

• dori_bashan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • ISRAEL
    • Posts 647
    • Points 7,990

You can find a performence guide for multicam in the ISIS performence guide:

http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/attach/ISIS_5000_v3_5_Performance_Guide.pdf

90x Media Composer, 8x Symphony Nitris, 8x ISIS 5000, ,6x Pro Tools, 4x Assimilate SCRATCH Systems- Opus Post Production, ISRAEL. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 10 2012 5:56 AM In reply to

Thx Dori,

But this document does not have any info related to external video I/O like adrenaline or mojo or nitris or any of the 3rd party I/O.

I'm searching for a document on multicam capabilities of all PC's and I/O hardware. It could be that all new supported hardware for MC6 does not longer have the restricyions that Adrenaline has but I can't find that anywhere. I can't even find the restrictions that are in effect on adrenaline.

I was under the impression that multicam capabilities were prominantly restricted by storage speed. And that by going into full yellow or yellow green mode the reduction of picture bandwith to the video I/O would always enable the ouput. But as inside the User interface it works but not on the adrenaline output it seems there is more to it.

I guess the answer will be: buy a mojo DX or Nitris DX with MC 5.5.3. (or MC6). But I would like to find some info first.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Wed, Apr 11 2012 10:07 PM In reply to

You're definately experiencing bandwidth issues. Is the RAID local to the computer, or external? How is it connected? I was also under the impression that the Adrenaline box wasn't supported with the z400 and MC 5, but don't quote me on that.

If you've already tried the yellow/yellow switch, I'd go back to thinking about the BoB. Remember, it's only firewire 400, and it usually has to be on it's own bus (it's own card on an open slot) and not connected to the Mobo.

Another thought is to downconvert the Video Output to 720 and let the client monitor display that signal full screen. Double check that the video ouput is correct for your 50Hz system, or that the monitor is matching what it's getting from the Avid.

My $.02, HTH

--G

Edit 1: HP Z400 Nitris DX, 2 Xeon W3540 @ 2.93Ghz, NVidia FX3800, 6GB Ram, MC 5.5.3.2 [Mothballed Edit 2: HP xw8200 Adrenaline, Dual Xeon 2.6Ghz, 4GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller