Latest post Sat, Sep 10 2011 3:48 AM by Tom Pearson. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 10 2011 2:13 AM

• rab523
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 10 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Presonus Firepod to monitor audio

I recently installed Media Composer 5.5. I am very new to the software and have previously used a Presonus Firepod for basically all of my audio monitoring (Pro Tools, Sibelius, etc.) . I am wondering if anyone has had any success using a Firepod with Media Composer. Is it even possible? I have been getting some error messages upon startup that seem to be related to audio hardware (based on some research), and when I try to listen to audio files in the source monitor, the timeline progresses, but there is, otherwise, no indidation that any audio is playing. 

Filed under: , , ,
  • Sat, Sep 10 2011 3:48 AM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,165
    • Points 23,235

Re: Presonus Firepod to monitor audio

yea avid is kinda picky about its audio card  you could try making your card the default card for the computer and see if avid see's it then thats what i do with my delta 1010 on a pc

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller