Latest post Fri, Jul 19 2013 1:22 AM by NinaLu. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 15 2011 6:39 PM

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Export Tab Delimited of subclips

Hello everyone,

First off yes I searched before asking this question. Secondly I found 5 results and they did not adress the specific issue I am trying to resolve. So lets try to keep snarky remarks to a minimum.

I have been given a bin of sub-clips that I am trying to export a tab delimited list of source start time, and comment colums so that I may import this into our log database.

Now I have no problem getting this done with masterclips. I arrange my colums the way I like, file - export- tab delimited, name it and I'm done.  However when I try to do it with a bin of subclips it aborts the export and will not yield a text file. I am given a message that no master clips or sub-cips were selected. Selecting anything only allows me to export media files.

Once I get this into a database I can then add some other information quitre easily. I am just stuck on getting the start timecode and shot descriptions out of the bin when dealing with subclips.

Some of the posts mentioned working in Film Scribe, I have never used it and would hope there is a simpler solution rather than spending the afternoon climbing around a new program.

Thanks for any leads

R

One NitrisDX Symphony 6 on an HP z400, Win7 64Bit one Matrox MX02 Mini MC6 runnig on DIY, one BlackMagic Decklink Studio2, both Win7 64Bit One MC5.5... [view my complete system specs]

Well Bob...I wouldn't say I've been "missing" work.

• Tue, Nov 15 2011 7:01 PM In reply to

Re: Export Tab Delimited of subclips

Just export the bin as ALE (ShotLog).
    Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 15 2011 7:53 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

Job ter Burg:
    Just export the bin as ALE (ShotLog).

I get the same result. " No master clips were selected or found. Export was aborted"

Thanks though, unless I am doing something stupidly wrong.

Also to clarify these subclips are all from one single masterclip. The whole tape was digitized and then subclips were made from the master clip and the shot descriptions were added to the sub clip. Don't ask me why it was done this way, I would have done this much differently.

R

One NitrisDX Symphony 6 on an HP z400, Win7 64Bit one Matrox MX02 Mini MC6 runnig on DIY, one BlackMagic Decklink Studio2, both Win7 64Bit One MC5.5... [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 3:20 PM In reply to

• Richard
    • Not Ranked
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,065

bump

• Thu, Jun 21 2012 6:05 PM In reply to

• Fish
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 15 2005
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 582
    • Points 7,085

Hi Richard..I run into a similar problem. I had to create a bin of sub-sequences which I then added information to over 12 custom columns. I apparently naively assumed that a tab-delimited file would export that info (for the stock footage company somehwat patiently waiting to receive it). But, like you, it is igoring the sequences completely for reasons I have to attribute to lazy programming.

Did you come up with a solution to your sub-clips export?

2012 Westmere MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB As of Jan 2015 - OS X 10.9.5 (13F34) [view my complete system specs]

AVID man, AVID fan (since 1993 with version 4.5 - before multiple tracks!)...like to solve my own problems and I try not to bother anyone unless I'm really stumped.

• Thu, Jun 21 2012 8:01 PM In reply to

• Haze
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 764
    • Points 10,205

I tested a tab deliminated export of subclips from a single master clip with comments.  It works fine here on MC 5.5

Avid DS 11 | Z800, Symphony 6.5 | HP xw 8600, MC 6.5 | HP Z400, Unity Storage [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:30 PM In reply to

• Fish
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 582
    • Points 7,085

Ya..it's SEQUENCES I have taken teh time to makes notes for...and those won't export in T-D files

2012 Westmere MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB As of Jan 2015 - OS X 10.9.5 (13F34) [view my complete system specs]

AVID man, AVID fan (since 1993 with version 4.5 - before multiple tracks!)...like to solve my own problems and I try not to bother anyone unless I'm really stumped.

• Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:33 PM In reply to

• Fish
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 582
    • Points 7,085

Possible success..kind of

I chnaged my page setup settings to print a HUGE page size (5000 x 5000 mm)

I printed a PDF.

I opened the PDF in Adobe Reader, chose save as MS Word Doc (have to sign up to convert the file)

Opened the doc in Word and export as TXT file.

There's a few formatting irregularities...we're working on cleaning those up.. But the Tabs seem all there.

Not ideal..but better than redoing 800 clip names (for no reason!!!)

• Fri, Jun 22 2012 6:50 PM In reply to

• Fish
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 582
    • Points 7,085

Much better solution that Avid tech support came up with.

Copy Bin on the OS level and save it to a new project, rename the bin.  Open this new project and bin.

Once in the project, open each sequence, remove all the effects so only the clip is part of the sequence.  (double click sequnec, hit the ‘T’ then the ‘N’ key and repeat.)

Go to 'Bin' choose auto sync, this will then take the sequence and convert it to a subclip and keep all the column data.

Select the Bin to make it active, go to file, Export, choose Tab Delimited.

This txt file now has all the info needed!

• Fri, Jul 19 2013 1:22 AM In reply to

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2013
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

What are your 'T' and 'N' keys set to do? I've completely remapped the left side of my kb so I doubt mine will do whatever yours do.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller