Latest post Tue, Nov 29 2011 1:08 PM by mjolnarn. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 29 2011 8:25 AM

• r.kreuz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 24 2009
    • Munich - Germany
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,405

Error AMA link to H264 and more

Hi folks,

wanted to do some tests in MC6, but I had to stop after the first step.

I tried to link via AMA to some H264-files, that a were recorded by a consumer camera (Samsung). The files linked in but after that MC6 crashed with a notice in the source monitor "std exception". Do I need a new ama-plugin for that ? I think the whole AMA Plugin situation is a little bit confusing to me. 

I also tried to import and playback AC3 Audiofiles that contains of 5.1 sound. Yes it is able to import that but the playback stay mute/silent... Do I have to buy an external plugin for playback AC3 sound?

On other hand, It is impossible to import and work with true DTS-HD soundfiles. And that is a bad joke in a professional workflow. No cinematic production work with AC3. The gap of quality between AC3 and DTS don`t need an extra explaination.

At last,

I visited a Mediacomposer 6 presentation-event in Munich last week, hope to get more info about MC6. But it was a disapointing performance. A big stage for reading out the sales prospect. No info about perfomance win (if it exist), no deeper details about new operation methods. And so on. There were over hundred people of local editors and people form the production scene and I know that I am not alone with my opinion: At this time you stay alone in the dark with the new MC6 and you have to explore all new things by yourself.

Don`t know if this i the right way to sell a new product and push back the value of shares

• Tue, Nov 29 2011 9:33 AM In reply to

Re: Error AMA link to H264 and more

I am not sure that MC can link or import AC3 files.

I'd love if it could do it.

Can you upload a small sample of your Samsung files to test?

What I did when I used some seconds from my cellphone to a music clip I directed

was to use TMPGEnc to encode the files to DNxHD.

I didn't bothered to try it to MC directly.

We are not in dark.

We have each other here.

If we can't find a solution to a problem, at least we bring some light into it.

Take care.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Tue, Nov 29 2011 12:27 PM In reply to

• r.kreuz
    • Not Ranked
    • Munich - Germany
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,405

Thanks for your offer George,

but sorry the files are too big for a short upload, but for info. It is possible to import them in a straight way.

To encode them to DNxHD will spend a lot of time. And that is not that I want invest to in this case. I only need some seconds of that material, so I wanted to link it in and consolidate some parts of it - Thats was the plan....

AC3 - Sound, yes the MC6 should support AC3 files. But thats exactly the point I said before, with only a selling pdf document about new features, as a user you stay alone in the dark.

• Tue, Nov 29 2011 12:31 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

r.kreuz:

but sorry the files are too big for a short upload, but for info. It is possible to import them in a straight way.

Robert, this points me to that it might be spanned clips, still some problems when ama linking those i think but import, as you already have noticed, is the workaround for now.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, Nov 29 2011 12:35 PM In reply to

Depending on the CPU encoding some seconds (is blazing fast).

But you know better what you need.

You are right if things were like what you say at the seminar.

That doesn't sound right.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Tue, Nov 29 2011 1:02 PM In reply to

• r.kreuz
    • Not Ranked
    • Munich - Germany
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,405

Hi Mjolnarn,

sorry but they are not spanned clips. The size of the clips is between 200 MB and 1 GB. They were recorded during a shooting for a "making of" sequence. On the old MC 5.0.4 the material came in without problems. By the way, on the same machine (z800). And the clips are stored on an internal raid.

Really Avid, it is very nice what you have invented since MC5 and now a 64bit software. But every every every time you roll out software that don`t work like you promise in your prospects. As a user I am feeling like "dancing around the golden calf" (everybody wants it, but no one get it). And for that tribaldancing I don`t have time, will Avid pay my bills for troubleshooting and workflow interrupts?

Robert

• Tue, Nov 29 2011 1:08 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Robert, if they aren´t spanned it should work, if you want them to be tested please PM me to get an ftp login to my own server.

edited ..  just saw this below

I only need some seconds of that material, so I wanted to link it in and consolidate some parts of it - Thats was the plan....

Robert, what you want to do is transcode, not consolidate, could you please clarify what you did and redo if possible and needed

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller