Latest post Mon, Dec 19 2011 3:56 PM by Kevin Klimek. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 9 2011 12:13 AM

• Kaiser
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Berlin
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,265

Register "free" Upgrade 5.5 to MC6

I'm confused:

as I bought an upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5 past October 15th, I was one of the 'lucky people' to upgrade to MC 6 for "free".

I received an email with the upgrade serial number, followed by the dongle updater file. So far so good.

In my current AVID account the MC 6 software is not registered. Trying to do so, I have to enter the activation-code. To receive the MC6 upgrade I had to enter the MC 5.5 upgrade code - that doesn't work anymore, nor have I received a new one.

Any idea?

MC 2018 on MacBookPro 2013 2.6 Intel Core I7, Mojave [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:05 AM In reply to

Re: Register "free" Upgrade 5.5 to MC6

Kaiser:

You have two options. Contact your nearest Avid office from this list, or email Marianna and include your system ID and serial number. For your safety and protection, never post your system ID or serial number on this or any other public website.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:21 AM In reply to

• Kaiser
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,265

Larry,

thank you.

MC 2018 on MacBookPro 2013 2.6 Intel Core I7, Mojave [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 9 2011 1:25 AM In reply to

You're quite welcome, Kaiser. Always glad to help out.Yes

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 7:04 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,280
    • Points 219,110
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Kai,

I also sent this to you via email.........

If you bought the uprgade to MC 5.5 within the timeframe required to get MC 6 free ( 10-15-2011 to 11-15-2011 ) then you must go to www.avid.com/upgrade and update your existing MC registration.

In email you provided your system ID so I was able to look and see that you did in fact update your registration on 10/17/2011 whihc is within the 10-15 to 11-15 date range.

Then you should go to www.avid.com/protect and  enter your system ID and registration name and email and obtain the MC 6 software and MC 6 Activation ID.  Once you have the 16 digit Activation ID for MC 6 (looks like  MCAC-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) you need to go BACK to www.avid.com/upgrade and select MC 6 from the pull down menu.  Enter your system ID and that activation ID and your name and email.   The site will then allow you to download the updater.avd file to take your dongle to MC 6.  www.avid.com/dongle for help.

It would seem that you didn’t go to www.avid.com/protect yet

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 7:47 PM In reply to

• Kaiser
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,265

Thank You Marianna,

Marianna:

Then you should go to www.avid.com/protect and  enter your system ID and registration name and email and obtain the MC 6 software and MC 6 Activation ID.  Once you have the 16 digit Activation ID for MC 6 (looks like  MCAC-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) you need to go BACK to www.avid.com/upgrade and select MC 6 from the pull down menu.  Enter your system ID and that activation ID and your name and email.   The site will then allow you to download the updater.avd file to take your dongle to MC 6.  www.avid.com/dongle for help.

Actually I already went through all those steps: as stated above I already received the Activation ID, successfully upgraded to MC6 and updated the dongle. But in my account "Your Products" the MC 6 Version is still not registered, and trying to 'activate' the software I have to enter another Activation code, different (more digits) from the one i was sent:

Example: 000000-000000000-0000000

The inital purpose of all that was: Which code do I need to register and activate Sorenson Squeeze (if possible)?

Uff -quite a hard task to discribe all this in foreign language. Hope, it all makes sense to you.

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 8:10 PM In reply to

Kaiser:

Regarding a license for Sorenson, go to www.avid.com/mc3party and follow the instructions there.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 9:05 PM In reply to

• Kaiser
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,265

Larry Rubin:

Regarding a license for Sorenson, go to www.avid.com/mc3party and follow the instructions there.

Which brings me back here:

Following the instructions the Squeeze-installer asks for a serial number. The one I received from AVID via email (Upgrade to MC6) does not work. The download-serial for 6.0 I have not yet received (see above), nor is it listed in my account. That is in fact the reason I started this thread.

Guess I'm running in circles.

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 9:17 PM In reply to

Over to you, Marianna.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 10:29 PM In reply to

• Kaiser
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,265

Sorry guys that I keep you busy with this tiny bitsy issue.

• Fri, Dec 9 2011 10:34 PM In reply to

Apologies are unnecessary, Kaiser. That's what we're here for.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Dec 18 2011 4:05 AM In reply to

Marianna:
    If you bought the uprgade to MC 5.5 within the timeframe required to get MC 6 free ( 10-15-2011 to 11-15-2011 ) then you must go to www.avid.com/upgrade and update your existing MC registration.

Hi Marianna,

I followed the instructions you suggested for Kai in order to see if I was eligible for a free upgraded from 5.5 to 6 and after clicking the www.avid.com/upgrade link, entering all the info, submitting the form, it came back to me saying that it was successful, and only then did I realise that this was to de-activate my activation code to be replaced by a dongle which I don't have (is that correct?). Some how I missed that bit when reading the instructions and tomorrow morning I'm switching hardware and will need to de-activate my laptop and activate my MacPro. Will this work? If not, is there anyway I can have this changed back to 'software activation' in Avid's activation database?

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Also, if I bought MC 5.5 in mid June this year, do you know if I'm eligible for the free upgrade?

Thanks very much

Jonno

iMac (27", Late 2013, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB, OS X 10.10.5) Connected to 27" Thunderbolt Display, BlackMagic UltraStudio Express (10.7... [view my complete system specs]

www.fusspotfilms.com

Filed under: , , ,
  • Mon, Dec 19 2011 3:56 PM In reply to

Jonno,

You might want to e-mail Marianna directly on this one...she'll probably respond faster than if you wait for her to see this thread.

marianna.montague@avid.com

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller