Latest post Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:14 AM by AndrewAction. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 12 2011 9:09 PM

• mr_zoom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 16 2010
    • Berlin
    • Posts 45
    • Points 640

more import options

While importing files, I would like to have the option to choose between the whole clip or just audio/video tracks only. Sometimes I import clips where I only need the audio tracks but importing the whole thing is so time consuming. Of course I can extract it with mpeg streamclip or wathever but that's another time consuming detour though.

MC 8.9.2, OS 10.12.5, MacBook Pro Retina 15", 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM [view my complete system specs]

http://tobiassuhm.com/

• Mon, Dec 12 2011 10:04 PM In reply to

Re: more import options

+1

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Dec 12 2011 10:36 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,387
    • Points 97,025

Oh, yes, please!!!!

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 21 2011 11:34 PM In reply to

• eddieb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 2 2008
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 52
    • Points 715

Another one here!

2 x MC 8.3 Nitris DX HP Z820 32GB RAM Quadro K4000 340.84 Windows7/64 QT 7.7.7 Unity 5.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 3 2013 7:08 PM In reply to

• adampaez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 11 2010
    • Posts 65
    • Points 825

Avid really needs to update its importing features. Also it would be awesome to be able to choose various folder/sources to import from. This means you can have stuff organized and not have to move it to a temporary import and import everything from there.

Maybe a feature where you import folders and Avid creates bin called the same as the folders you have. Would be really efficient. 

• Sun, Mar 3 2013 7:19 PM In reply to

+1 to the OP!

adampaez:

Maybe a feature where you import folders and Avid creates bin called the same as the folders you have. Would be really efficient. 

+1 as well!

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:27 PM In reply to

But Import is the old way. AMA is the new way.

And with AMA you can then select only part to Transcode and which tracks (sort of)

Now if AMA had alpha support it would allow the few remaining needs for import to be left behind.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:34 PM In reply to

Pat Horridge:
    But Import is the old way. AMA is the new way.

Still reasons to choose classic import over AMA. For instance, BWAV's (and other sound files) are only supported over traditional import. Earlier versions had issues clamping luma levels when using H264 and ProRes over AMA, whereas this worked fine with traditional import.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:53 PM In reply to

Job ter Burg:
    Still reasons to choose classic import over AMA.
    Yep. Here we have just had 15% of a group of ProRes files that play fine in Quicktime but open with green over them with AMA. Clasic import works fine. (using a MacBook that is out on hire and may only have QTx)

• Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:44 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

AndrewAction:

Job ter Burg:
    Still reasons to choose classic import over AMA.
    Yep. Here we have just had 15% of a group of ProRes files that play fine in Quicktime but open with green over them with AMA. Clasic import works fine. (using a MacBook that is out on hire and may only have QTx)

Andrew , QTX  or not, have you tried to scroll between different ama plugins instead of the default " use all "

MIght sometimes help when you get " green " views or other funny things.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:14 AM In reply to

Thanks, I will remember that in the future. They were part of a batch all from the same source so it seems strange that most AMA linked no problem and a random few would not.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller