Latest post Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:47 AM by aaronmnoble. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:47 AM

Relinking corrupts multigroups.

I've run across a couple of corruptions that seem to be caused by relinking multigroups or sequences that contain multigroups.  First, when I relink a sequence containing multigroups it breaks matchframe.  Instead of matching to the correct frame, it matches to the first subgroup in the multigroup.  The only fix I've found for this is to overcut the sequence with an uncorrupted group, or if caught early enough go back to an attic backup before the relink.  Also, relinking causes the subgroups to have the wrong subclip name.  It still points to the correct media but has the next subgroups subclip name.  Also if you sub out a section of the multigroup containing only one subgroup and show reference clips it shows 1 subclip per camera before relink and 2 subclips per camera after.  This doesnt' really affect you while you are editing, but when you export an AAF it will sometimes throw tracks out of sync.  In order to export an unaffected AAF from a corrupted sequence you must first get rid of all the subclips by commiting multicam on the sequence, putting the NoGroups sequence in a bin, showing reference clips, selecting all the master clips and the sequence in the bin, and relinking to selected items in all open bins.  The only way I've found to avoid these corruptions is to never relink a sequence or multigroups, but instead show reference clips and relink only master clips.  

Mac OS 10.6.6, Avid v5.0.3.9, 2 x 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8 GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller