Latest post Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:16 AM by lawsonr. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 4 2012 12:07 AM

Non-DNXcel Adrenaline Box and Windows 7

Hi,

I am trying to using a Avid Adrenaline box without the DNXcel card installed on HP XW8600 running on Windows 7. So far I have not gotten the device to recognize and it stays on amber light. I originally was installing MC 5.5.3 on the machine. Some of the things I did were:

Changing out multiple Firewire cables

Changing the Firewire ports to legacy versions

Reinstalling Flamethrower driver

Switching Firewire ports

I also tried force installing the hardware with the driver and all it did was give a blue screen crash.

My next step is to downgrade to 5.5.2 to see if that makes a difference, but can surely use any other tips to resolve the issue. Is a Non HD Adrenaline compatible with Win 7?

Thanks

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 12:21 AM In reply to

Re: Non-DNXcel Adrenaline Box and Windows 7

Which Windows 7? Have you ever had this Adrenaline working? If 64 bit Windows there should be a DNA 64 bit driver!

I have had an Adrenaline (HD not that this will make any difference) running with all versions of MC 5.0 and greater with an 8600 with Vista and W7 64 bit. Here MC 5.5.3.1 and Adrenaline works fine W7. I use the onboard FW connection and have no other FW devices connected normally.  Occassionally I add a Sony DV clamshell connected FW to a seperate FW card in the 8600, this gives no problems.

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 12:33 AM In reply to

I am using Windows 7 Pro Edition. I have used the box previously on a XW8400 running XP with no issues. I also had a couple of extra BOBs hanging around and tried trading them out but still no luck.

We run some other systems with the HD Adrenalines and haven't had any issues, so that's why I'm wondering if it has something to do with not having the DNXcel card. Possibly an older firmware not recognized?

I have been installing the drivers with the MC program, and they load fine, but the computer never recognizes the box in the end. I tested the connection on both the onboard FW and an external card but still nothing. I also connected the onboard FW to a drive just to make sure it worked and no issues there.

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 12:36 AM In reply to

I'm running that same config and it works flawlessly ...

MC v5.5.3.1
    xw8600
    8GB's RAM
    Win 7 Pro x64
    Firewre port set to Legacy
    Adrenaline w/o DNxCel board.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:16 AM In reply to

• lawsonr
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 8 2006
    • CBS News
    • Posts 313
    • Points 3,655

We have systems built on that hardware and software version and they work. Be aware that Media Composer 5.5 is the *LAST* version that will support your Adrenaline hardware. You will not be able to use an Adrenaline IO box with Media Composer 6.

Avid NewsCutter v10.5.4, ISIS 7000 v4.6.1, Interplay 2.7, Interplay Central 1.8 [view my complete system specs]

--- Rob Lawson System Administrator, ACSR CBS News

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller