Latest post Fri, Feb 3 2012 8:53 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:44 AM

• rwhitlock
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 13 2011
    • Posts 23
    • Points 295

Assertion failed: keyFrame->nColors....Line: 344

I get this error when I try to open a particular bin. (Needless to say, it's the one bin I really need)

Assertion failed: keyFrame->nColors<= MAX_EFFECT_COLORS File: /Snapshots/relengintel5_1310181635/coresw/ame/Projects/Mac/../../src/Consumers/EffectMan/AEffectParams.c,Line: 344

Seems to have something to do with an effect, keyframe, parameters...?

I tried opening it on a different system, tried opening the bin from a different project, tried deleting the MC State and media database files. Same result. Bin won't open and I get this message.

• Fri, Feb 3 2012 8:53 AM In reply to

Re: Assertion failed: keyFrame->nColors....Line: 344

Hi,

You might have some luck opening a backup copy of the bin from the Attic.  Rather than type it all out, have a look in the manual or help for "attic" and you'll get detailed instructions.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller