Latest post Sun, May 4 2014 8:26 AM by Scott_Freeman. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 3 2012 11:54 AM

• antsquasher
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 13 2012
    • London, UK
    • Posts 8
    • Points 80

Batch Import / Decomposed Sequence

I am looking for a way to Decompose a sequence in one project (all material is DNxHD36, project is 1080p25, initially set up incorrectly) and then open it up in another project (1080i50) and batch import at a higher bit rate (DNxHD175) in order to online.

Is it possible (due to lack of space), when performing a batch import that the new master clips created by the decompose, only import the section of the original clip that is used in the cut as opposed to the whole clip being imported?

I know this works for Batch Capture and am sure there is a way to do this with Batch Import.

I am currently working on a project that has multiple frame rates and the whole thing is to be conformed in 1080i50.

Many Thanks

Ben

• Fri, Feb 3 2012 1:10 PM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,142
    • Points 12,925

Re: Batch Import / Decomposed Sequence

I know that with consolidation imported clips need to have entries in the 'tape'' field to consolidate (rather than just copy the whole file). 

That may then help you to relink via AMA and transcode to your finishing format although multiple frame rates might be an issue.

Also you may have progressive vs interlace issues too. (if it thinks your source is all 25p and your finish sequence is 50i it'll put motion adapters with 100% progressive in / interlaced out which are no use to you.)

• Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:13 PM In reply to

As far as I know you can't convert clips originally imported to AMA. It would be great to be able to do it.

So you can't link an imported clip to an AMA mounted file.

If you imported originally (and this is the big issue with importing over AMA) then you need to re-import the complete file.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:59 PM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 1,142
    • Points 12,925

Pat Horridge:
    you can't convert clips originally imported to AMA

Yep. Even amending source file the clip won't relink with AMA. 

(I had to use ALE to change it... seems you can modify an AMA clip to have a tape name but not the other way around.)

Pat Horridge:
    If you imported originally (and this is the big issue with importing over AMA) then you need to re-import the complete file

Not so. Just successfully decompsed and batch imported 12 frames from a 5 sec .mov.

Trick is to add tape name to imported clips before decompose so that new master clips are shorter.

• Sat, May 3 2014 10:41 PM In reply to

• anamorphic
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,255

When I Decompose my sequence (with was cut with imported .mov files at DNxHD36) I get a list of clips in their entire length; not the section used + handles.  So MC does want me to import all the whole files again at the higher rez, it seems.

MacPro 2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon / 64 Gig RAM / OS 10.11.6 / MC 2018.3, Symphony, PhraseFind, ScriptSync, BCC 8 AVX; Mocha [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 4 2014 8:26 AM In reply to

I tested this on Avid version 7.0.4, I can relink AMA clips to imported master clips and back again. so everything is on the table for relinking.

http://blogs.creativecow.net/blog/13501/online-conforming-additional-avid-and-resolve-fun-including-ama-default-metadata-file-import

http://www.metadatalinks.com [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller