Latest post Wed, Nov 20 2013 9:49 PM by Roger Shufflebottom. 270 replies.
Page 6 of 19 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 8 2012 9:18 PM In reply to

• dyllio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 57
    • Points 590

Re: MC on Mac 6.0.1 Bugs

JamesCastle:

There seems to be a problem with using Shared settings over an Isis.

When User settings are exported to a share sapce and no longer just running locally, all changes made to the settings don't save.

Noticeably, the "Save current workspace" function doesn't work (meaning windows need resizing every time avid is opened) and any export settings created all disappear the next time Avid is quit and relaunched.

The problem disappears if one stops sharing their settings and reverts to using just a local copy again.

Jim.

We're seeing this same issue on our systems.  

MC6.0.1, OS 10.7.2

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 16Gb RAM, Mac OS 10.7.2, MC6.0.1.1, NitrisDX [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 4:29 PM In reply to

• falkenprops
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 13 2006
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 22
    • Points 265

SamDog,

I am just an Avid hobbiest and am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Jim

Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac12,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Software Mac... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:43 PM In reply to

• Kelly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 14 2010
    • Toronto
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

I've been working on a full frame stereographic film and have discovered some problems with exporting. 

I'll create a bin of 30 or so sequences and select them all for batch exporting Same as Source while I'm catching up on paperwork. Avid labels the left and right eye separately for the 1st sequence (_L and _R) but only labels the left eye for the rest. But even worse, it's not exporting both eyes. It exports the right eye (dominate eye for this project) twice, labelling 1 _L and 1 blank. 

It would be great to have an export setting that allows us to specify whether we want both eyes or just 1. Currently we can do so by changing the project format, but that causes my renders to disappear, making the exports take waaay too long. 

...Avid 6.0.1 on MAC OS X 10.6.8 

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:35 PM In reply to

I'm running MC 6.0.1 on a MacBook Pro laptop.

If I double tap the Control key to get into the numeric time-code entry mode, I can enter a negative offset by typing the minus key and then a number.  But I cannot get a positive offset, because I can't seem to enter the plus key (shift-equals).  I keep getting an error chime and no joy.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

MacPro(5,1) 2.66Ghz 12 core, 48GB, OSX 10.8.3, Nvidia GTX680 & Q4000, Decklink 3D, Avid Media Composer 6.0.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:43 PM In reply to

Hello stevetomich,

I get the same issues as you, and I'd like to know if you find a solution or if an avid moderator helped you since you post this bug report...

( if not, it seems the only way to bypass this audio waveforms playback problem is to return back to 5.5... ?)

thanks

Antonin

• Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:47 PM In reply to

• dklein
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 15 2012
    • Posts 64
    • Points 885

When attempting to export locators/markers, the "save as" dialogue often crashes or won't come up.

• Fri, Mar 16 2012 5:17 PM In reply to

Antonin,

No, no response.  I am just hoping that it is an obvious enough problem with enough people complaining about it that it gets fixed in the next point release. (Along with a few dozen more frustrating bugs....)

Cheers,

Steve

• Sun, Mar 18 2012 8:03 AM In reply to

• sven2615
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 12 2006
    • Berlin
    • Posts 152
    • Points 2,030

Re: blank quicktime ref outputs with 6.0.1.....

Euchrow:

AUDIO MIXER

- it's not possible to snap the panning values using the alt button anymore

- The Audio Mixer window look nice but it's way too big. It takes 2/3 of a 1080p screen when expanded to 16 tracks. At least make it resizable, or provide a less detailed Audio Mixer as an option

Couldn't agree more!!!

The mixer that size fills up half of a screen. professional studios do have external peakmeters. Who asked for level meters per track?

Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 | MacPro 3.5 GHz 6core 32GB RAM | AJA T-Tap |||| The Audio Mixer is too BIG since mc6!!! [view my complete system specs]

www.svenbudelmann.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0118967/ 

• Mon, Mar 19 2012 8:27 AM In reply to

• Marc_89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 4 2011
    • Posts 130
    • Points 1,750

Well, for me, I use a Macbook Pro 2011 with osx 10.7.2,

and since I upgraded on Avid MC6 (now 6.0.1.),

in ColorCorrection Mode, if I put ANYTHING as a reference in the right or left screen, next, previous, quad display, anything, my second display I have attached via thunderbolt becomes black (I press "full screen", to see my picture I work on on a second bigger screen.)

I adjust a few colors and while I grab and pull the sliders I see a picture, if I let them go the screen turns black.

*Media Composer Academic 8.2.0* on a Mac with OSX 10.9.5.* iMac late 2013 Intel Core i7 quad 3,5Ghz, 24Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX780M, Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 19 2012 3:17 PM In reply to

• itzawrap
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 47
    • Points 655

Here are a few more BUGS to report.

1. I've posted this one before but I'll do it again. SEGMENTATION FAULT ERRORS while trying to export out to QT or H264. Especially when the timeline is long. Yesterday I tried to export a 25 minute piece but it failed each time. Then I split it into a 10 min export and a 15 minute export. Both succeeded but the program is really supposed to be in one strand. So what am I supposed to deliver to my client?

2. Title Tool is messed up. Trying to edit a previously created title frame and re-save. It will work to do it this way but eventually it becomes impossible to re-save the changes. Then I have to create a brand new title just to be able to make edits and save. This is another time consuming BUG in the new Avid way of doing things.

3. The TRIM TOOL is not always showing the frames changing when the rollers are dragged. Sometimes it shows and other times it does not show until I let go of the rollers, then the image snaps to the correct frames on the right/left preview. Not a great way to be making trims. Like flying blind really. I might as well be wearing a blindfold while editing. Same difference.

4. What's with the way the timeline expands when I go into TRIM MODE? Is there a way to turn that automatic expansion off?

System: MacBook Pro i7 2.2 ghz, 8gb RAM, 750gb HD, Ext Firewire 800 drives, Radeon 6750M 1024VRAM

MacBook Pro 17inch, 2,2 gig i7, Radeon HD 6750M 1024mb Vram, Yosemite 10.10.5, 1TB hd, 16gb ram, MC v8.4.3, SuperDrive, various ext drives... [view my complete system specs]

Itzawrap vidkid1@tell-my-story.com

• Mon, Mar 19 2012 7:03 PM In reply to

• ppohio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 28 2012
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,435

Marc_89:

Well, for me, I use a Macbook Pro 2011 with osx 10.7.2,

and since I upgraded on Avid MC6 (now 6.0.1.),

in ColorCorrection Mode, if I put ANYTHING as a reference in the right or left screen, next, previous, quad display, anything, my second display I have attached via thunderbolt becomes black (I press "full screen", to see my picture I work on on a second bigger screen.)

I adjust a few colors and while I grab and pull the sliders I see a picture, if I let them go the screen turns black.

Confirming that I have the exact same problem - does seem like it's a bug.

Macbook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz, Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, 8GB RAM OS X Lion 10.9.1 Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 19 2012 7:11 PM In reply to

• ppohio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 28 2012
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,435

itzawrap:

Here are a few more BUGS to report.

1. I've posted this one before but I'll do it again. SEGMENTATION FAULT ERRORS while trying to export out to QT or H264. Especially when the timeline is long. Yesterday I tried to export a 25 minute piece but it failed each time. Then I split it into a 10 min export and a 15 minute export. Both succeeded but the program is really supposed to be in one strand. So what am I supposed to deliver to my client?

I get the SEGMENTATION FAULT error from time to time going to H264 as well, but it's inconsistent and haven't been able to pin it down.

Have you tried to do a mixdown of the 25 minute program and then export?

Macbook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz, Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, 8GB RAM OS X Lion 10.9.1 Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 20 2012 2:54 AM In reply to

Well the last one sounds like 'Auto focus in Trim Mode' is activated (look at your trim settings). Someone has been in there when you weren't looking.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Tue, Mar 20 2012 7:42 AM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 178
    • Points 2,125

itzawrap:
    2. Title Tool is messed up. Trying to edit a previously created title frame and re-save. It will work to do it this way but eventually it becomes impossible to re-save the changes. Then I have to create a brand new title just to be able to make edits and save. This is another time consuming BUG in the new Avid way of doing things.

Maybe ALT click the title in the bin to make the changes?

André.

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

• Tue, Mar 20 2012 6:33 PM In reply to

• sirreel
    • Not Ranked
    • New York City
    • Posts 51
    • Points 690
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

I may have seen one of these bugs referenced earlier.  If so, my apologies:

1) My saved Workspace shifts around in crazy ways after restarting the application 

2) The Audio Mixer cannot be viewed with no sliders, as it has been able to do since, hmmm, forever?  Takes up a lot of real estate!

3) When using the Find feature in Script Sync, the "find" box does not become active automatically, as it used to do.

Page 6 of 19 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller