Latest post Tue, Feb 21 2012 2:44 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 21 2012 5:00 AM

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 7 2011
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

AC-3 Plugin Activation Error

Randy,

Someone sugggested I contact you, as I am having activation problems as well. I cannot activate the AC-3 plugin, though I've downloaded it and installed it. I cannot find where the menu is to activate it online. It came up one time, but went away when I went to look for the system ID.

I am working with a lot of AVCHD files that I was hoping to to use AMA and group clipping with (it is a multicam shoot, 3 cameras). Should I do a video mixdown of each camera? Each file is about 45 minutes to an hour. I could also put the three layers in sync in a sequence, but I'd prefer the multi cam / group function.

Another issue that has come up is that I've tried transcoding, as I have the AVCHD MTS plugin installed, so I can acutally see the files from the Sony AX2000 camera, so at least that works.

OK, I got back and started transcoding the material using AMA. On one of the grups of clips I get the following message:

ALERT:

"Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0

Any ideas as to how to fix this? Does Avid MC 6.0.1 fix this issue?

Any feedback appreciated.

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Tue, Feb 21 2012 7:32 AM In reply to

Re: AC-3 Plugin Activation Error

Hi,

I've split this post off of the thread you initially posted on, as it doesn't have anything to do with the original topic of the thread.

1) Please don't post a new question on a thread that is unrelated to the subject you're posting about.

2) If you want to contact Randy directly, click on his user name and use the contact options to send him a message:

http://community.avid.com/members/Randall-L-Rike/default.aspx

3) You already posted about this problem in the Mac forum.  Please don't post the same problem in multiple forums.  If you need more help, reply to your own post with the word "bump," which will put it back at the top of the list and let people know you still need help.

Anyone who wants to help, follow this link:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/106425.aspx

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Feb 21 2012 12:39 PM In reply to

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Tue, Feb 21 2012 2:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

dugmoore:

Someone sugggested I contact you, as I am having activation problems as well. I cannot activate the AC-3 plugin, though I've downloaded it and installed it. I cannot find where the menu is to activate it online. It came up one time, but went away when I went to look for the system ID.

The AC-3 plug is activated by the ALC Utility when you activate MC 6.   If it doesnt work the way it is suppose to then you need to connect with support and have them look at the activation etc.. to get it sorted.  

Go to http://community.avid.com/forums/t/99212.aspx and 2/3 down the page will be the support #'s to call for assistance.

If you cant call for some reason - ping me on email and provide your system ID so I can check it for you.

dugmoore:

Another issue that has come up is that I've tried transcoding, as I have the AVCHD MTS plugin installed, so I can acutally see the files from the Sony AX2000 camera, so at least that works.

OK, I got back and started transcoding the material using AMA. On one of the grups of clips I get the following message:

ALERT:

"Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0

Definately upgrade to MC 6.0.1 as it fixes over 125 issues.  Segmenation Fault is a very wishy washy error and can be a bunch of things.  My gut here is a clip in he group is suspect.  Can you redo that group of clips?

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller