Latest post Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:00 PM by Asterix. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:00 PM

• Asterix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Merge Colour Correction.

I am about to online grade / correct / legalise 4 seperate documentaries for different broadcasters - but all the footage will be from the same project. There are 2 x 1 hour versions and 2 x 2 hour versions.................

Rather than having to re-grade each doc, is there a clever way to merge the colour corrects / grades.

I have played with the Merge Colour option in the past, but have had little sucess with its reliable implementation!

Can anyone offer a step by step "Idiots Guide" as to how to tackle this in terms of the first grade - i.e Src Tape / Src Clip Name / Master Clip / Sub Clip / Src Segment / Prog Track / Prog Segment.

In an ideal world I know that it would be wisest to grade one of the 2 hour shows first........ I am not sure yet which show has to deliver first!

For the online, all of the high resolution (Sequence) footage will be loaded onto the "Online Suite" drives with handles and I will not have access to the original project media. This may have a bearing on how I should apply the colour effects to the first sequence????

For the subsequent grades - do I just load the first sequence to the left hand player window, open colour and merge the grade?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice given!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Jim

Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller