Latest post Thu, Sep 12 2019 7:24 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 25 2012 5:03 PM

• Rick Rose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 30 2011
    • Toronto, ON, Canada
    • Posts 61
    • Points 775

Open bin in tab by default / and shortcut?

Hi,

MC 6.0.1

Is there any way to open a bin in the tab by default, instead of having to drag it into the tab area?

Can this be set with a key command shortcut?

Hopefully this is a simple question, searched the forums and google, as well as playing around with the software.

Thanks

Rick

Update, I see I can right click on multiple bins and hit "open selected bins in one folder", but that's only when there are multiple selected.  I am trying to see if I can add a new bin to the 'tab'.  I like to keep my bins in the tab.

OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite, Avid 8.8.5, Quicktime 7.6.6 Mac Pro 3,1 12 Gig Ram, ATI 5770, E4P eSata card [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 26 2012 10:17 PM In reply to

Re: Open bin in tab by default / and shortcut?

Save the tabbed bin as a bin layout and you can then recall it quickly.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Sep 12 2019 6:25 PM In reply to

• ykt28403
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 22 2016
    • Posts 18
    • Points 150

Rick Rose:

Hi,

MC 6.0.1

Is there any way to open a bin in the tab by default, instead of having to drag it into the tab area?

Can this be set with a key command shortcut?

Hopefully this is a simple question, searched the forums and google, as well as playing around with the software.

Thanks

Rick

Update, I see I can right click on multiple bins and hit "open selected bins in one folder", but that's only when there are multiple selected.  I am trying to see if I can add a new bin to the 'tab'.  I like to keep my bins in the tab.

I have the same question

• Thu, Sep 12 2019 7:24 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,996
    • Points 228,360
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Rick Rose:

Hi,

MC 6.0.1

I cant even remember MC 6.x anymore.... if you cant figure it out, ping me and I can try to find out that is if anyone still remembers back at the mother ship.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller