Latest post Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:24 PM by Vaj Potenza. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 3 2012 4:20 AM

• Vaj Potenza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 13 2011
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

MC 5.0.3 probs with audio playback in timeline.

Working in a 1080p project in MC 5.0.3. Imported a .WAV file to .MXF. Audio plays fine in the source window but when I drop it in the timeline, audio playback becomes jumpy & intermittent. It almost sounds like audio scrubbing, but its just normal playback. Sometimes the problem is worse than others. Sometimes just hitting stop and play again will fix it temporarily.

Tried switching from stereo to mono playback, and messing around with the Audio project settings all to no avail. I even tried switching the project from MXF to AIFF and reimporting the WAV file, but had no success.

I'd be grateful for any insight.

Media Composer 5.0.3 Dell Workstation 690 Windows XP Pro Svc Pk 3 Intel Xeon dual 3.0 ghz processors 12 gigs RAM 250 gig SATA HD Nvidea Quadro FX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 3 2012 8:43 AM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Re: MC 5.0.3 probs with audio playback in timeline.

Hi,

is the wav also jumpy in the timeline, when there is nothing else in it? So, no video or other audio? Otherwise it could be also a performance issue.

Regarding the settings:

I always set the audio project settings to "48khz/24Bit", convert sample rates while playing to "never" (because I like to know "bad" sample rates in my project at immediately) and in import settings audio tab - during import sample and bit depth both convert to my project setting check box to ON. Then you could be sure that all your NEW audio files will be converted during import to match your project settings. I also set this as a site setting, so I don´t have to check every NEW project that was made. 

Beside this, if you always find yourself reducing the audiogain after importing the audiofiles, I would also check the box "apply attenuation/gain effect" to -9db (Thats just for convenience, nothing to do with your problem)

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 5 2012 5:24 PM In reply to

• Vaj Potenza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 13 2011
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Re: MC 5.0.3 probs with audio playback in timeline.

Much Gratitude, Kristina.

Vaj

Media Composer 5.0.3 Dell Workstation 690 Windows XP Pro Svc Pk 3 Intel Xeon dual 3.0 ghz processors 12 gigs RAM 250 gig SATA HD Nvidea Quadro FX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller