Latest post Tue, Feb 12 2019 9:53 AM by Tim. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:25 AM

• cocarroll
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 22 2007
    • Waterford, Ireland
    • Posts 66
    • Points 855

Timewarp effects not working

Hi,

I am trying to do a timelaps shot by speeding up five minutes of footage. When I drag any of the Timewarp effects onto the clip, they show the icon on the clip, but nothing appears on the Effects Editor window. Any other effect I have tried works fine, and even the FluidFilm Progressive effect brings up the settings on the Effects Editor but not any of the FX that would allow me to speed up footage.

Can someone confirm that this is just me please! Is it possible to do the same effect in AvidFX and if so, could someone give me a starting point!

Thanks,

C.

Windows 7 64bit, Quadro K2000, 32G RAM, MC7.0.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 6 2012 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: Timewarp effects not working

Hi cocarroll,

Timewarp is a Motion Effect, the "Effect Editor" wont open it! Use the "Effect Mode" or the "Motion Effect Editor" under Tools instead!

*Avid1: i7-3930k|Quadro4000|32RAM|Win7|SYM6.0.4|MXO2Mini *Avid2: i7-960|580GTX|12RAM|Win7|SYM6.0.4|AJAIOExpress *Avid3: XW8400|Quadro2000D|8RAM|Win7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:45 AM In reply to

• cocarroll
    • Not Ranked
    • Waterford, Ireland
    • Posts 66
    • Points 855

I am slecting the the clip and then clicking on the "Effect Mode" button, and the system is opening the blank "Effect Editor" page. When I select the "Motion Effect Editor" in the tools menu, nothing happens.

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:07 PM In reply to

OH, OK! Did you make sure that the Video-Track is selected and your position-indicator sits on the Timewarp Effect you want to manipulate?

*Avid1: i7-3930k|Quadro4000|32RAM|Win7|SYM6.0.4|MXO2Mini *Avid2: i7-960|580GTX|12RAM|Win7|SYM6.0.4|AJAIOExpress *Avid3: XW8400|Quadro2000D|8RAM|Win7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:28 PM In reply to

If your video track is selected, everything in the timeline is normal and you still get no response attempting to open the motion effect window, try what we call "usual suspects":

1. Project settings - can sometimes become corrupted. It the problem is contained to one specific project and is not visible in others, quit the application and from the specific project folder in the master "Avid Projects" folder, delete the "(project name)settings.avs" file. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing file and a new one.

2. Site settings - can sometimes become corrupted. If the problem appears in any project, quit the application and from the settings folder with Avid Media Composer in the path, delete the following: MC State, Site_Settings, Site_Attributes. On re-launch, the system will detect the missing files and build new ones. If you previously dragged any user settings into the site settings window, those will need to be restored after the rebuild.

3. User profile - can sometimes malfunction and cause bizarre issues. Create a new user profile and see if the problem persists.

In your particular case, I would suspect site settings.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 12:44 PM In reply to

• cocarroll
    • Not Ranked
    • Waterford, Ireland
    • Posts 66
    • Points 855

Site settings seems to have sorted it Smile

Thanks.

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 1:08 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome. Always glad to help out.Yes

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Feb 12 2019 9:53 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 18 2009
    • Australia
    • Posts 562
    • Points 7,495

Hi Guys,

I also am having the very same problem with timewarp....I've tried to follow Larry's site settings guide but I can't figure it out?...can you please give me some more clearer and detailed instructions on how to find site settings to delete the suggested file.

thank you guys.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller