Latest post Thu, May 16 2013 8:17 AM by goerikgo. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 12 2012 9:18 PM In reply to

Re: HELP "Exception: Unsupported Resolution" importing audio !

I've tried everything I can think of, to no avail.

The problems are definately related to the black filler that avid produces to plug the spaces in sequences. There can be gaps in a video track and sequence will play but only when said gap in that track has some other video above it, so MC doesn't have to produce a black tile.

Why is this happening? Its been happening to generations of avid products since 2005, someone must know...? This has rendered me unable to edit due to sheer frustration at having to click that error box away every two seconds.

I am for now putting off uninstalling and re-installing, because:

1) I've never done it before.

2) Its a massive hassle and it 3) probably wont fix anything and ill still get exception errors.

4) What is to say the problem won't recur minutes/days/weeks down the line.

3.3Ghz Quad-core Intel i5, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX570 1280MB, 128GB SSD/150GB HDD/2TB HDD, W7 Pro 64-bit, MC6 v6.0.3 And still no further forward... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 12 2012 10:25 PM In reply to

• Fuchur86
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 18 2008
    • Mainz
    • Posts 20
    • Points 290

Re installing took me like 10 to 15 Minutes. There's no hassle. Deinstall Media Composer and just Media Composer, leave everything else as is. Then Reinstall it. Bang. No reactivation.

Why would you say, that it won't fix anything. It worked for me, why shouldn't it work for you? I listed all steps I did above. It's definitely less trouble trying that than trying to work around that bug.

i7 2600k 16 GB Ram GeForce 780GTX MC 7 Software only Win10 64bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 12 2012 10:39 PM In reply to

OK,

Can say Ive calmed down a bit, sorry. Still convinced I am am somehow cursed with technology, my luck with things staying fixed or working at all is unbelievable at times. Really didn't mean that against you I aplogise, your input is so valuable.

Should I uninstall in like I would any other program?

Is there any particular order I do things in, definately don't need to dectivate?

And what else might I need to erase that uninstallation will not?

Thanks again for your input. Pete

3.3Ghz Quad-core Intel i5, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX570 1280MB, 128GB SSD/150GB HDD/2TB HDD, W7 Pro 64-bit, MC6 v6.0.3 And still no further forward... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 12 2012 11:27 PM In reply to

• Fuchur86
    • Not Ranked
    • Mainz
    • Posts 20
    • Points 290

Hey no worries, I know that Avid can be quite the little bit.... sometimes :)

Yes you can simply chose Media Composer from that list where all installed programs are listed (don't know what it's called on english windows, I'm german) and simply select uninstall. The uninstallation will then ask you wheter you want to start that licencing program to deactivate or simply leave the license as is if you're just doing an upgrade to a newer version or if you're simply going to reinstall afterwards. You're not going to change any hardware or migrate the program to another computer, so you can leave the license and just uninstall. I don't really know how that dongle stuff works, I used internet activation. So if you're using a dongle this could be different. (But I don't think so, as I understand it, the dongle sort of IS your license)

You'll have to restart. Then I deleted all media data base files (the .pmr and .mdb) on ALL drives and pretty much everything except for my projects and attic. And media of course.

I posted a link above where someone describes where to find all these setting files, that can be deleted. As long as you don't touch your projects or your media, you should be fine. Anything else can be deleted. You'll have to reconfigure media composer and your user profile but, again, I think compared to trying to work without blanks or solo audio, it's kind of worth it :)

Then start your avid installer. While you're at it, you could also think about updating to 6.0.1. Little less than 3GB download. You can choose to just install Media Composer, since EDL Manager and all that other stuff should still be where it's supposed to be.

Then I crossed my fingers and believed that there's still good in the world and started media composer. Opend my project, et voilà, everything worked fine.

Since I can't really say what did the trick, the settings, the data bases or the reinstallation itself, or maybe something that I just did by accident, I don't know that it'll work for you, certainly hope so, though.

Good luck!

i7 2600k 16 GB Ram GeForce 780GTX MC 7 Software only Win10 64bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 12 2012 11:32 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Didn't really read through the whole thread so forgive me if this is mentioned.

This usually points to a corrupted database with the Avid Applications folder/Avid MediaFiles folder. If you trash the database files there, this usally clears up.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Mar 12 2012 11:32 PM In reply to

Thank you so much.

Unfortunately its almost midnight here, and I've got to be in for 9am tomorrow morning, this will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Oh BTW- Would you recommend upgrading to 6.0.1, I'm having enough problems already without new problems, but if there's any chance it'll run better afterwards might be worth a dive...

• Tue, Mar 13 2012 12:05 AM In reply to

• Fuchur86
    • Not Ranked
    • Mainz
    • Posts 20
    • Points 290

Hey, BLKDOG,
    I tried to just delete the media data bases (since it's what official avid site says), but I still got the error. Only when I trashed all settings and did a fresh installation the probelm resolved for me.

Updating for me was a must, because of the now resolved foreign keybord mapping problem that 6.0 had.

In general I'd always go for the latest version.

• Sat, Mar 17 2012 9:58 PM In reply to

• RJCastaldo
    • Not Ranked
    • Arlington, Texas, USA
    • Posts 32
    • Points 310

Ultimately, I was unable to upgrade my unqualified system to v6. In my attempt to roll back to v5.5, I started receiving the "Exception: Unsupported Resolution" I tried everything I could think of including all the suggestions I found here, but nothing seemed to work. Eventually, I found the following link

http://makingthemovie.info/2010/06/avid-error-of-the-day-unsupported-resolution.html

For me, this was the answer. I went through and trashed all msmFMID.pmr, msmMMOB.mdb again, including the database files in my C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Avid_MediaFiles. As an extra step I also deleted the MCSate file from the C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Settings folder. I did not trash my personal settings folder but would have as a next step, if necessary.

When I relaunched Meia Composer, it rebuilt all the data base files as in previous but when complete, the application ran properly: no more Unsupported Resolution error messages.

Hope this helps someone else. It certainly explains the apparent connection to black filler in the timeline.

Bob

System #1: Media Composer 5.0, Avid Mojo (analog), Dell Precision 670, Dual Xeon 3.6 GHz, 6GB ram, nVidea Quadro FX 3450 (v190.38 driver), QT v7.6.6... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 18 2012 1:12 AM In reply to

Just tried deleting the msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb database files in E:/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1, and deleted the msmFMID.pmr file in C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/Avid Media Composer/Avid_MediaFiles.

Also deleted the MCState file from C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/Avid Media Composer/Settings, and relaunched MC, only to have the same problem (Exception: Unsupported Resolution). Are these all the files you had to delete to resolve your problem?

I've tried every solution suggested besides upgrading to 6.0.1 or reinstalling 6.0, as I am part-way through a project with tight deadline, can't afford any more problems. Many Thanks.

B.T.W- To those with this issue- I am getting around the error temporarily by creating a V1 video track, that contains only a black picture file (.png). As long as the black picture file is stretched out further on the timeline than all your footage and audio MC will play and edit clips like it should. Not ideal, but its getting my project edited...

• Sun, Mar 18 2012 7:35 PM In reply to

• RJCastaldo
    • Not Ranked
    • Arlington, Texas, USA
    • Posts 32
    • Points 310

Pete,

Did you check out the link that I posted to John Ott's solution to this exact problem? It is definitely worth the read. In it, he identifies the problem as, "...apparently the Avid did not think that's it "internally generated" media files were supported."

He goes on to explain that Avid software installs an "Avid Media Files" folder in the Media Composer Application folder that contains this internally generated media and the media databases that index them. By internally generated media, he means the stuff that Avid uses like media offline frames to playback when media goes offline, and other suff like black filler. 

You must locate this folder and trash the two database files therein just like you would in any of Avid Media files folders that were created to hold your media. I do not know what MC version he is using and Avid tends to change the file structure from version to version, so you must look around a bit to locate yours. Maybe someone else running v6 can help out here. My v5.5 folder was located at: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Avid_MediaFiles. John Ott found his internally generated media files folder at: /Applications/Avid Media Composer/SupportingFiles/Avid_MediaFiles/

This solved my problem and appears to speak directly to your experience with unsupported black media.

Good luck

Bob

System #1: Media Composer 5.0, Avid Mojo (analog), Dell Precision 670, Dual Xeon 3.6 GHz, 6GB ram, nVidea Quadro FX 3450 (v190.38 driver), QT v7.6.6... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 19 2012 1:04 AM In reply to

I started getting this error today. for no apparent reason.  just started happening to all my projects.  I created a new project, imported media, and it was working fine. as soon as I triedto "load Filler" it started happening again!  UGH! Fuchur86 mentioned that filler was causing it somehow.  I'm gonna try a new profile, and then a reinstall. But... why??  6.0 was working fine. 6.0.1?  something to do with the upgrade to this patch?  I installed new nvidia driver hoping that would solve problem... no dice.  

system: i7 6Core 24 GB DDR3  geforce GTX470 vid card. 

support ticket in with avid...  lets see what they come up with.   sigh............ 

also, creating a title also causes the error to happen as well. 

• Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:52 PM In reply to

• Ctamminen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 4 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hi Disgruntle Pete. I don't know if you have finally resoved this, But I may have a way of bypassing it without reinstalling the software again. I have been repeatedly getting this error, even though the resolutions are supported and have played previously. You may want to try creating a black jpeg in windows Paint and importing it into avid and then dropping it at the end of your timeline. It's a weird thing to do I know but it seems to work for us.

• Thu, May 16 2013 8:17 AM In reply to

• goerikgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 16 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

So, I deleted the video track and could hear the audio playback. Then, deleted the entire sequence and started a new one without any music, just the audio from the videos and it worked! I think I might have to edit the video in Avid and add the audio in iMovie... I know... but better than nothing. Hope this helps. 

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller