Latest post Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:10 PM by Job ter Burg. 74 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 30 2012 12:39 AM In reply to

• kirkenshrir
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal
    • Posts 55
    • Points 585

Re: Media Composer to Symphony 6 Crossgrade - $999

Something weird happened to me today...

I finally gave in and ordered the $999 Symphony 6 crossgrade yesterday (and have been using for most of the day today; it's really nice !)

But three and a half hours ago, someone from Avid tried calling regarding yesterday's order (we got cut off because of the storm so I have no clue as to what the point of the call was...)

...but now, when I log into my account on avid.com website, my Symphony purchase is gone from the "Your Products" page (!?!)

(It's still listed under "View Order History - 2012" but not under "Your Products")

I tried calling the guy back but avid doesn't have a phone number... I've emailed but still no reply. :-/

Like I said, weird.

Media Composer 8.x w/Symphony option, 4.0 GHz Intel® Core™i7 Quad + 32GB RAM, PNY nVidia Quadro 4000 (+USB2DVI adapter for 3rd monitor), Cooler Master... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 30 2012 1:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

George......

Not saying I can do anything but I have posted a few times that if you feel your circumstance warrants consideration I am happy to entertain it.  Send along via email your sales order showing when you bought and what you bought and I can advise you.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, May 30 2012 2:22 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

kirkenshrir:

Something weird happened to me today...

I finally gave in and ordered the $999 Symphony 6 crossgrade yesterday (and have been using for most of the day today; it's really nice !)

But three and a half hours ago, someone from Avid tried calling regarding yesterday's order (we got cut off because of the storm so I have no clue as to what the point of the call was...)

...but now, when I log into my account on avid.com website, my Symphony purchase is gone from the "Your Products" page (!?!)

(It's still listed under "View Order History - 2012" but not under "Your Products")

I tried calling the guy back but avid doesn't have a phone number... I've emailed but still no reply. :-/

Like I said, weird.

Hmm that is odd. Could you rovide me with your sales order # for the purchase via email so I can check it.  Also provide me with the email address used to purchase the crossgrade.

Email addy below.

I will sort this out for you...

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, May 30 2012 6:56 PM In reply to

• kirkenshrir
    • Not Ranked
    • Montreal
    • Posts 55
    • Points 585

email sent...

Media Composer 8.x w/Symphony option, 4.0 GHz Intel® Core™i7 Quad + 32GB RAM, PNY nVidia Quadro 4000 (+USB2DVI adapter for 3rd monitor), Cooler Master... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 13 2012 1:49 AM In reply to

A reminder everyone, the cross grade promotion expires this Friday, June 15th.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Jun 14 2012 1:10 AM In reply to

Larry can you tell me which version # of the following software is included?

Avid FX

Boris Continuum Complete

Sorenson Squeeze

Debating on upgrading to MC 6 and upgrading BCC etc. separately.

~Lash

Antec P183 Antec CP-850 850W Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 2.66GHz 8MB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Asus P6T Deluxe v2 OCZ Platinum DDR3-1600 12GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 14 2012 1:31 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Lash LaRue:

Larry can you tell me which version # of the following software is included?

Avid FX

Boris Continuum Complete

Sorenson Squeeze

Debating on upgrading to MC 6 and upgrading BCC etc. separately.

~Lash

Lash

With Symphony 6.x you get

Avid DVD 6.4.4

Avid FX 6.0.x ( 6.0.6 is the current version on the DL )

Sorenson Squeeze 7.1/8 ( 8.1 is th latest version on the DL)

BCC 8 ( 8.0.4.1 is the latest version on the DL)

DL = Avid.com download center

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Jun 14 2012 1:40 AM In reply to

From the download center:

BCC is 8.0.4.1

Sorenson is 8.1

Avid FX is 6.0.6

The BCC Avid upgrade for MC 6 is $495.00 at the Boris website.

So add that to the cost of upgrading to MC 6 at either $499 (5.5 to 6) or $599 (Pre 5.5 to 6) and the upgrade to Symphony at $999 is cheaper, gives you BCC 8, Sorenson, Avid FX, and Avid DVD (PC Only) as well as vastly superior color correction toolsets. But remember, the $999 cross grade expires this Friday.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Jun 14 2012 2:20 AM In reply to

Thanks to both of you!
    You guys are working late.  :^>

Antec P183 Antec CP-850 850W Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 2.66GHz 8MB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Asus P6T Deluxe v2 OCZ Platinum DDR3-1600 12GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 14 2012 1:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

and early :)

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:24 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,627
    • Points 60,455

I had considered going for this offer. Had I not already upgraded my suite to MC 6 and BCC 8, this would have been a no-brainer, I suppose, although I am still not confident that the carrying costs won't be higher with Symphony.

Good luck to those who did upgrade - hope you post your successes with Symphony - would love to hear how it performs for you.

Cheers

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:21 PM In reply to

REMINDER: Today, June 15th, 2012 is the LAST DAY to take advantage of this Symphony cross grade promotion. Be there, or be square!

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:48 PM In reply to

Done. I am Symphonied. Procrastination paid off. I also ordered Avid Pro Tools 10+MBox Pro, also a fantastic deal, and now face a daunting and fun-filled installation. I also recently dropped money upgrading to Adobe CS 6 Master for my photo editing and business illustration and promotion. But when I am finished, I will have a lot of capability and a fantastic toolbox both for sight and sound. I feel lucky to be living in a time when so many great programs are available at what are really very low prices when compared to how it was just a few short years ago. Can you imagine what it would have cost in 2000 to have the capabilities we take for granted nowadays? Pretty amazing.

• Fri, Jun 15 2012 8:00 PM In reply to

AgentOfChange:
    Can you imagine what it would have cost in 2000 to have the capabilities we take for granted nowadays? Pretty amazing.

Yes indeed, because the total circa 2000 cost for what you mentioned above would have been well into 6 figures.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:10 PM In reply to

Follow-up on Universal Mastering:

Job ter Burg:
    I placed the following here some time ago, which may help. It explains the difference between Mix & Match framerates (standard feature in MC as well as Symph) and Universal Mastering (only on Symph):

posted elsewhere by Job:
    here's what I drew up last year, but never got to finish. It's lacking some additional data, and may need to be double-checked on certain facts (like the ability to do insert edits within consistent pulldown cadence when playing out a a progressive sequence to 60i).

http://www.jobterburg.nl/Publications/UniversalMastering_v1.2.pdf

Disclaimer: use at your own risk, I haven't been able to completely verify all data in the document.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 5 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller