Latest post Mon, Apr 16 2012 2:15 PM by mjolnarn. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 15 2012 11:28 PM

• kezzap
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 23 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

How do I blow-up the image size of the entire sequence?

Hi,

I have finished editing a film, but one thing is left. I have to enlarge the image of the movie by 10%. I was wondering if there is a way of applying this to the whole sequence at once, rather than doing it one by one to every little piece of cut out piece of clip.

while I am at it, I might also ask if an effect in the palette is the best choice, or exporting it and doing it in some external program like "after effects" is better? what would be the difference?

Thanks in advance,

Kezzap

• Mon, Apr 16 2012 12:39 AM In reply to

Re: How do I blow-up the image size of the entire sequence?

Add a new blank track (CMD+Y) then apply the Resize effect to the empty Filler.  Scale the effect up to 110.  Boom 10% increase.  

Note though that your image quality is going to degrade by 10% by doing this.  Exporting and sending to After Effects will not serve any gain.  

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Apr 16 2012 12:43 AM In reply to

If you want to stay inside Avid to do it, create a blank filler video track above you current sequence of images and from the "blend" group of effects, apply a 3D warp template to it. Adjust scalability to enlarge and it will apply globally to the entire sequence. 10% is not a lot to enlarge, but you'll need to decide whether any softening of the image is acceptable or not. If not, taking it into After Effects would be a good alternative. Depending on the length of the film and the resolution used, rendering time could be long.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:55 AM In reply to

• Lord Fluff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 15 2011
    • London
    • Posts 112
    • Points 1,445

Selecting the HQ button on the 3D Warp will process the resize at sub-pixel level and so should yield better results. The resulting increase in render time might make you wonder if it is worth it however....

HP z820, Decklink Extreme+, Areca RAID, Artist Colour, Symphony 6 // MBP17, UltraStudio3D, Pegasus TB RAID, MC6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 16 2012 2:09 PM In reply to

Keep in mind that all of these suggestions will keep your frame size as it is in Avid.  You're just blowing up the picture and cropping off the information around the edges.

If you need to increase the comp size, you'd have to use a third-party program like AE.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Apr 16 2012 2:15 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Lord Fluff:

The resulting increase in render time might make you wonder if it is worth it however....

Starting with MC 6 , this have been greatly improved, not so much difference in render speed any longer

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller