Latest post Wed, May 2 2012 11:32 PM by Randall L. Rike. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 30 2012 1:28 AM

• viviana
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Can't capture avid mc 6.01

Hi, I'm back to avid, last year I was working with FC, but I really feel more at home with Avid, nevertheless I have a few problems. I've been trying to capture from a Sony HDR FX, the settings in the camera are set to HDV, Via FireWire the project is HDV 29.97 I already checked the settings: deck configuration OK, port set to OHCI...Im working on a MacBook pro intel core duo, 8gb ram, lion 10.7.3 ( just upgraded to mc 6.01 which accepts this system). Through the capture window I can rewind, ff, pause, etc, if I click record it looks like its working but a few seconds after it gives me an error message that audio video is no longer coming ino the sistem. I've tried restarting, shut down, and start everything again, new project, etc... Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:08 AM In reply to

Re: Can't capture avid mc 6.01

"... the project is HDV 29.97  ..."

From the Built-In Help:

Working with HDV

Avid editing applications provide the following High Definition Video (HDV) project types. For HDV projects on supported systems, you should select an appropriate raster size. (Some project types are not available for some Avid input/output hardware configurations.)

•  720p/23.976 
    •  720p/25 
    •  720p/29.97 
    •  720p/50 
    •  720p/59.95 
    •  1080i/50 
    •  1080i/59.94

Avid editing applications capture and process DVCPRO HD media and HDV media in its native format, through a 1394 port on your computer. On a Windows system with an Avid Adrenaline or an Avid Mojo, the 1394 port must be on an optional IEEE-1394 card installed on a bus separate from the one used by the Avid Adrenaline or Avid Mojo.

You can capture from an HDV device, edit in native HDV, and export to an HDV device using these project types. You can also use HDV in other project types, but Avid editing applications are more efficient and perform better with the dedicated HDV project types.

The other project types you can use include:

•  PAL 25i 
    •  NTSC 30i 

Note: You cannot capture or export native HDV in the non-HDV project types. 

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, May 2 2012 10:06 PM In reply to

• viviana
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thank you so much, I been struggling for the last few days and finally found a combination of settings between the camera and the project format.

Here the go if anybody else has the same problem

CAMERA 

VCR   HDV

COMPONET. 1080i/480i

I link convert  OFF

A/V out OFF

aAVID

PRJECT TYPE 1080i/ 59.94

Raster dimensions 1440x1080

• Wed, May 2 2012 11:32 PM In reply to

Glad to hear you got it working.  Thanks for sharing your successful results.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller