Latest post Sat, May 19 2012 1:27 PM by Benjamin von Cramon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 19 2012 12:17 PM

Exception: VideoEffectConsumer -- What?

I'm new to MC (actually, Symphony 6.0.0 Mac), am backing up an S3D project after kicking out SS.mov, run into a problem fast exporting to QT Full, message says "Exception: VideoEffectConsumer -- Unexpected status returned from Render Effect". This popped up after the Left channel was successfully output, so I tried the export again Right Eye Only, problem persists. I tried QT Reference, doesnt' appear related to QT, tried relaunching, tried clearing renders under the Clip menu, selecting all in the timeline and rendering again, export problem persists. The same amount of time appears to go by before the hairball comes up, so I'm suspecting it's a particular clip that's the problem child, but no way to tell where in the stream it get's stuck. If it's a bad clip, then why did the SS export go fine, and why the Left mov go fine? The whole vid plays fine in the timeline. Thanks for ideas.

Symphony 6.0.0 running on Lion 7.0.4, Mac Pro 8-core, 16 GB RAM, SSD startup and 3 Raid 0 SSDs backed up to external devoted to S3D projects, realtime... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 19 2012 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: Exception: VideoEffectConsumer -- What?

The error message is fairly informative.  Try exporting small segments of the sequnce to isolate the problem.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Sat, May 19 2012 1:27 PM In reply to

Re: Exception: VideoEffectConsumer -- What?

Thanks, a logical approach. In the meanwhile, I tried clearing renders from in to out, then using Expert Render in to out, not sure what differentiates Expert from ordinary, but I noted that it took a while, as opposed to the ordinary, which didn't render but two things. Does Expert Render overwrite all renders? Anyway, that did the trick, output good. Thanks, again.

Symphony 6.0.0 running on Lion 7.0.4, Mac Pro 8-core, 16 GB RAM, SSD startup and 3 Raid 0 SSDs backed up to external devoted to S3D projects, realtime... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller