Latest post Fri, May 25 2012 9:10 PM by hbrock. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 25 2012 6:14 PM

• cls105
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • los angeles
    • Posts 433
    • Points 5,655

Started w/ MC6 Scarlet AMA Transcode, want to relink Redcine MXF in mc5.5

Started project in MC6 by transcoding red scarlet ama files

Now i want to finish the project in MC5.5.3 but trying to relink higher res files from REDCINEX with no success.

What is the best way to "online" or relink new higher res mxf files from red cine x in mc5.5.3 when i initially did ama transcode within mc6.  I've moved the mxf files into the avidmediafiles folder and it just doesnt want to link to them.  I guess i could always make quicktime files in redcine x and link to those ama files but i dont want to mess around with other codecs right now.

thank you very much in advance

cls

MC 2018.12.1, diy x299 7940x 4.7ghz OC, 1080ti, 128gb ram, w10 pro (1803) DM me on instagram for tech Q's: dvhaime [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Fri, May 25 2012 9:10 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,055
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Started w/ MC6 Scarlet AMA Transcode, want to relink Redcine MXF in mc5.5

It's one of the "gotchas" with AMA, it doesn't translate well when going outside of Media Composer.  You can make a EDL (make sure the reel field is filled by the source field from the AMA clips) and conform it in REDCineX and send the resulting conformed sequence back into the Avid.  It will effectively be a single piece of media so you won't have handles and you'll probably need to add edits and replace effects, but it's easier than overcutting.  I haven't looked at REDCineX in a while, but there are some conforming options in it besides EDLs so there might be other ways to make it work.

Probably not the best time for you to hear this to you but testing the whole workflow before you commence the project can help alleviate these surprises.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller