Latest post Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:20 PM by Larry Rubin. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 30 2012 2:54 PM

• matan869
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 30 2012
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Please help - I'm trying for days and I don't succeed - Premiere AAF in Avid

Hi. I am using Premiere cs5.5 and Avid MC5. I exported AAF from Premiere. I am loading it in Avid and I see the sequence, everything is fine. The media is offline as expected. But I cannot manage to link the offline files to the right files. 

I tried AMA Volume link, Import and everything. There must be an easy way and I'm doing something wrong. Please explain to me step-by-step.

Thanks!!!

Filed under: , , , , , ,
  • Wed, May 30 2012 3:01 PM In reply to

Re: Please help - I'm trying for days and I don't succeed - Premiere AAF in Avid

What is the source media? Relink only works if both the source and the sequence are pointing to the exact matching source tape name and timecode.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 30 2012 3:04 PM In reply to

• matan869
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Re: Please help - I'm trying for days and I don't succeed - Premiere AAF in Avid

Those are MOV files. The sequence points to IMG_2838.MOV, but relink says No Clips were Relinked.

When I import the original file, it imports it fine, but still doesn't work in the sequence. I don't mind replacing them manually but I dont know how.

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:02 AM In reply to

• matan869
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

• Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:39 AM In reply to

matan869:
    When I import the original file, it imports it fine, but still doesn't work in the sequence.

Not sure what your exact workflow is here, but have you tried selecting the sequence in it's bin and using the batch import function to restore?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jun 1 2012 12:21 PM In reply to

• matan869
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

yes. it says that it cannot batch import because there are mixed-rate clips. can i just replace the clips with the same timecode like premiere's Replace Footage option?

• Fri, Jun 1 2012 1:20 PM In reply to

The workflow to handle sources with multiple frame rates is to create separate projects for each different frame rate you have. Let's say for example, you have some material that is 720P 29.97fps and 1080p 59.94fps. Let's also say that your final product will be output as 1080P 59.94. You would create 2 separate projects at each frame rate and then, with the 1080P project open, you would use the "open bins" function in the file menu to open a bin from the 720P project inside the 1080P project. Then, whenever you edit a 720P clip into the 1080P timeline, the system automatically applies a timewarp algorythm to that material to match the frame rate from 29.97 to 59.94. Is this what you did? If so, while I have not done batch importing in this scenario and therefore can't say for sure, I believe it should still work.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller