Latest post Fri, Jun 22 2012 1:16 AM by Larry Rubin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 21 2012 9:45 PM

Transcoding Files??

alright, i shot a music vid a while back on a Canon 60d... I decided to edit it recently and have finished most of it...

My only problem is i do not know how to transcode the clips on my timeline so i can get rid of the choppy playback... i did attempt to transcode a clip and all it did was send a new transcoded clip to my footage bin... is there anyway i can transcode just the clips on my timeline without getting a diplicate?

• Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:41 AM In reply to

Re: Transcoding Files??

Mark the entire sequence in to out, activate all tracks, then right click on the sequence in it's bin and choose "consolidate/transcode". In the next window, select transcoding target resolution and other parameters as you desire.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Jun 22 2012 1:04 AM In reply to

Thank You!!! One last question, what format is good to transcode into??? Im speaking more on the differences between Dnx formats... been working on MC for a few months, still relatively new to it

• Fri, Jun 22 2012 1:16 AM In reply to

The numbers in the DnX resolutions are the Mb/sec bit rates. Which one you use is entirely dependent on how much disk storage space you have available and the perceived quality of the image you desire. The absolute best and lossless image will come from using 1:1 10 bit, but that eats up a LOT of space. You also need to determine the quality of the original images you're bringing in, because a mediocre camera resolution would be a waste using 1:1 10 bit. So given you have an adequate amount of storage, you should try between DnX 145, 175 and 220 to see what is the best match for the incoming footage without wasting storage. To help you estimate what you have and what you need, here is a storage calculator tool.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller