Latest post Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:03 PM by KristianB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:19 AM

• KristianB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 27 2010
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Need help with activation / support

I'm at a loss here. Recently my system was compromised by a virus attack and I was forced to backup and format my entire harddrive. Since I had to plug out my LAN cable, out of fear that some malicious hacker could log all my passwords and logins, I was not able to deactivate AVID over the internet. My problem is really quite simple. I would like to activate my AVID Media Composer. I currently have version 5.0, but have had enourmous troubles contacting customer support for various reasons. Now before I talk about my problems with costumer support, I would like to get a few things straight.

First off: I am currently a student at the university of Aarhus and purchased my Academic version of AVID Media Composer 4 in 2010, when I was still attending the European Film College. Later the same year I acquired Media Composer 5 as a free upgrade. I was provided with a different cd-key for this version. I see now that it says on my box for AVID Media Composer 4, that I'm entitled to as many as 4 years of upgrades after my original purchase.

My first question would then be: Am I in fact entitled to a free Media Composer 6 upgrade?

In light of the virus attack that I mentioned earlier, I'm afraid that someone may have my AVID Media Composer 5 cd-key and system ID.

My second question is: If I were to upgrade to Media Composer 6, would the new cd-key circumvent such an individual or individuals from using my AVID?

Now if the answer is "no" on both accounts, then I have to deal with your customer support in order to reactivate my Media Composer 5. The long and short of it, is that I have a hard time finding out how and what to do from your website. Truthfully, I'd much prefer to simply sort this out by email, but the email adress I''d received support emails from last time I was getting help activating my Media Composer 5, seems to be one I can't reply to, meaning I now have to jump through hoops just to try and find someone to help me with this.

I would much apreciate any assistance on this matter.

• Tue, Jun 26 2012 11:38 AM In reply to

Re: Need help with activation / support

Kristian:

First of all, as an owner of the academic version, you are entitled to 4 years of free upgrades from your original date of purchase. Regarding your concern about the security of your MC 5 license, I strongly suggest you contact Avid Customer Advocate Marianna, who can sort this out for you and give you all new codes, if necessary.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:03 PM In reply to

• KristianB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 27 2010
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Re: Need help with activation / support

Thanks, I'll be sure and email her :)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller