Latest post Thu, Nov 17 2016 4:15 PM by Isaac T.. 45 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:00 AM In reply to

• Petr Lom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 26 2012
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 72
    • Points 880

Re: Volume not mounted error loop

Hi there ppohio - still no solution to my problem - i tried your suggestion to rename all the files through the avid - not the finder - making a new project and copying all the sequences from old bins - but the error persists.... still looking for a solution....

media composer 8.4.4.4for MAC running on operating system yosemite OS X 10.10.5 on a macbook pro 2.3 GHz intel core i7 with 16GB RAM. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:01 AM In reply to

• Petr Lom
    • Not Ranked
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 72
    • Points 880

that is a suggestion in some older posts that reported this problem in the past - but it does not seem to be the problem, there is no naming discrepancy - so this is not it..... thanks anyway. p.

media composer 8.4.4.4for MAC running on operating system yosemite OS X 10.10.5 on a macbook pro 2.3 GHz intel core i7 with 16GB RAM. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:05 AM In reply to

• Petr Lom
    • Not Ranked
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 72
    • Points 880

lucky you found a solution. i still cannot. i tried everything suggested in the above post, but have no luck. i still get either: a) a "volume not mounted" error that comes up twice. then i can work for a while b) then for no reason, i get the "volume not mounted" error that goes into an infinite loop, and when i try to get out of it by closing the entire project instead the entire avid crashes with the segmentation fault at 0x0 message

any suggestions still welcome....

thanks...

• Mon, Feb 18 2013 3:26 PM In reply to

Can someone who has this error post a copy of a problematic Avid project folder somewhere?  (Not the media, just the project and all the bins).

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:14 AM In reply to

• Petr Lom
    • Not Ranked
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 72
    • Points 880

hi kevin - here is the entire project. you can download it from this link:http://we.tl/272QbunV3x

thanks for the help....

(i get the volume mounted infinite loop even if all of the harddrives are disconnected - maybe you will as well....)

• Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:53 PM In reply to

Downloaded it, will hopefully have time later today to try this out.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:20 PM In reply to

• Petr Lom
    • Not Ranked
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 72
    • Points 880

hi kevin - sorry i sent you the wrong file - that one is incomplete so please ignore

the correct project can be downloaded here from this link:http://we.tl/eGGS7FbDwv

sorry for the inconvenience...

• Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:46 PM In reply to

• ppohio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 28 2012
    • Posts 111
    • Points 1,435

Hey Petr -

Having also had this issue I was curious and tried to get the problem to re-create with your project but couldn't.

In an earlier post I noticed that you said that you had the error evenwith your mdia drives disconnected which would point to it being a problem with the project and not the AMA'd media. When I checked referenced clips for some of the longer sequences, I noticed that there was a clip or two that identified as being on "mac hardrive" - not sure if that is the main drive in your system and not Thunderbolt. Just something to check until Kevin chimes in.

Macbook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz, Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, 8GB RAM OS X Lion 10.9.1 Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 24 2013 2:41 PM In reply to

• Petr Lom
    • Not Ranked
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 72
    • Points 880

well i rebuilt the entire project renaming all the folders and all the bins - and the problem has now gone away. if anyone has a similar problem, try that as a solution.....

• Mon, Feb 25 2013 3:43 PM In reply to

Petr,

I didn't have any luck re-creating the error using the new set of files you sent.  Perhaps there is something unique to your system that was cleared up by renaming the project and bins.

Glad to hear it's working, keep us posted if you see the problem again.

-- Kevin

• Tue, Mar 5 2013 1:20 AM In reply to

• RobertoSF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 7 2013
    • Mountain View, CA USA
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

My "mounting loop error" has returned, on start-up, unfortunately.

I thought I found a stable way to work with .psd files via AMA but putting another .psd file with an alpha channel in the timeline has once again crashed the system. Even though the file was treated exactly as the other .psd file.

Will research using .psd files in MC, and meanwhile try to exorcise the files I currently have so I can, hopefully, get back to editing.

MC 6.5.2 MacBookPro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR, 500GB SSD, OSX 10.8.2, 2 Thunderbolt Cinema Displays, 1 Thunderbolt 6TB RAID-Pegasus, using AMA... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:54 AM In reply to

• Petr Lom
    • Not Ranked
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 72
    • Points 880

hi roberto - sounds like my experience - a few weeks ago, i rebuilt the whole project, and the error loop went away for about two days - then one day when i had to restart the system, it returned....

what i did this time was to rebuild the project again - but this time rename every bin and every folder- and that seems to have worked

so for me it was clearly a naming issue - but what specifically, who knows.....

good luck

• Tue, Mar 5 2013 9:10 AM In reply to

• Petr Lom
    • Not Ranked
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 72
    • Points 880

hi kevin - thanks for having a look anyway - i have been working problem free for two weeks, so i hope the problem is gone for good.... 

• Tue, Mar 5 2013 2:52 PM In reply to

RobertoSF:
    I thought I found a stable way to work with .psd files via AMA but putting another .psd file with an alpha channel in the timeline has once again crashed the system. Even though the file was treated exactly as the other .psd file.

At this time, AMA is only supported for video files, NOT stills.  There is no "Photoshop" AMA Plugin, so the system is using some other plugin in an attempt to use that file via AMA.  Just import the file and your problems may go away.

-- Kevin

• Tue, Oct 4 2016 8:20 PM In reply to

• Xena-WP92
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 4 2016
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I know this problem was posted years ago, but today I found a work around that worked for me when introduced to this error.

Step 1:
    Close Media Composer.

Step 2:
    GO TO Shared Avid Projects (Finder folder) --> GO TO Problematic Project folder and remove its "birth files":

• PROJECT NAME EXAMPLE Settings.avs
    • PROJECT NAME EXAMPLE Settings.xml
    • PROJECT NAME EXAMPLE.avp

(old files, old names)

Step 3:
    Open Media Composer and create a new TEST project with the same settings as your old problematic project.

Step 4:
    Close Media Composer.

Step 5:
    GO TO Shared Avid Projects --> GO TO new TEST Project Finder Folder, copy its "birth files".

• TEST PROJECT EXAMPLE Settings.avs
    • TEST PROJECT EXAMPLE Settings.xml
    • TEST PROJECT EXAMPLE.avp

(new files, new names)

Step 6:
    GO TO Problematic Project folder and paste these 3 new files to where the 3 old files used to be, and rename these new birth files with the name of the old problematic files.

• PROJECT NAME EXAMPLE Settings.avs
    • PROJECT NAME EXAMPLE Settings.xml
    • PROJECT NAME EXAMPLE.avp

(new files, old names)

Step 7:
    Open Media Composer and go to your hopefully-no-longer problemtic project.

PRESTO! This worked for me, I hope it works for others too!
    Tish

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Specs: Mac Pro (Mid2012) - 2x2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller