Latest post Tue, Jul 31 2012 4:06 AM by FunkyDragon. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 28 2012 5:45 PM

• Zeeboo4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 17 2011
    • Posts 16
    • Points 230

When Using Pan and Zoom I get a fatal error

Avid Media Composer vers 6.0.1.1

Mac, OS 10.7.4 (Lion)

Yesterday while editing a slide project I started creating moves on some of the slides. Since adding keyframes with moves the Avid is unable to render or save without getting a fatal error. The only option I had was to hit the debugger button about 20 times before it will allow a render or save to happen.  I was working on ver 6.0.1 yesterday and posted this problem and someone reminded me that there was a 6.0.1.1 patch that addressed a Pan and Zoom problem.  After installing the patch this morning I tried numerous combinations of using the Pan and Zoom and still get the fatal error. Has anyone else experienced this and if so did you happen to figure out how to fix it?

I know Borris has a Pan and Zoom but I cant afford that bundle at the moment.  I wish you could just purchase single plug-ins in stead of the complete set.

Desperately trying to not have to do this in FCP. I know it has great features with editing photo projects, I just cant stand it as an editing tool. (Im old School)

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 4:54 PM In reply to

Re: When Using Pan and Zoom I get a fatal error

Is this specific to certain pictures, or to all of them?

What is the file size of the pictures, and what kind of project are you working in?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 7:08 PM In reply to

• Zeeboo4
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 16
    • Points 230

The project is set up at

Project type: 1080p /29.97

Color Space: YCbCr 709

Raster Dimension: 1920x1080

Average file size for each photo ranges from 3-8MB

The sequence contains video and photos. After cutting in over 200 photos and tweaking the timings on them I started to work on creating moves on them. Up to this point everything was working flawlessly. After about adding moves in the pan and scan to maybe 15 photos the problem began. I can create a move but as soon as I try to render it I get a fatal error.    When I get the error it gives me the option to create a report, continue or debugger. If I hit debugger approximitely 20 times it will render the effect.  The problem now occurs on any render, including titles and when I try to even close a bin I get the same problem. 

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 7:55 PM In reply to

Have you tried a new Avid user?

If you have a sequence with only one photo, and try to animate it, do you get an error when rendering?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 8:30 PM In reply to

• Zeeboo4
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 16
    • Points 230

I created a new user setting and it has the same effect on the current cut as it did  with my old settings.  However if I creat a new seq and animate 1 photo its fine, no fatal error.  I guess its possible the sequence that I have been working on these past few weeks  may have gotten currupted once I started using the keyframes in the Pan and Zoom. I guess its possible the pan and zoom is fixed now in the patched vers of Avid. However I started this project on the prepatched Avid does that mean my seq is trashed? Also being this was working fine earlier on in the cut I have now, Im worried this will just start in again. Didnt start ight away. Only began happening after about 15 photo moves.

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 8:36 PM In reply to

Hard to say for sure.  But it is possible you have to rebuild the P&Z effects in order to fully fix the bug. 

Try a few and see what happens.

-- Kevin

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 9:22 PM In reply to

try adding the p&z effect to  a filler track.  i've seen that work better in a lot of cases

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 10:11 PM In reply to

• Zeeboo4
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 16
    • Points 230

When you say a filler track do you mean a completly seperate track?  Ive been adding the PandZ effect to filler on the main track. Ill give that a try. I still think the main seq is completely currupted now though because I cant even render a title on it.

• Tue, Jul 31 2012 4:06 AM In reply to

I meant any filler track really.  I import the pic, cut the pic in on v1, then add-edit on v2 just above.  that's where i drop the P&Z effect, and link to the image.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller