Latest post Sun, Aug 5 2012 10:39 PM by Dom Q. Silverio. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 4 2012 2:08 AM

P2 AVC-Intra MC5.5.3- help Offline DNxHD 36 to 185 Online

Hi everyone!

I have P2 footage in AVC-Intra 100 codec. I have imported and edited that material with the "Import P2>Clips to bin" method. My workstation is not working so fine, so I want to change my workflow: trascode the P2 media to DNxHD 36, keep editing my movie, and then when I finish make the online to a higher DNxHD (maybe 185).

The question is: How can I relink my 001517.new.01 with the original file 001517 to retranscode now in DNxHD 185?

I don´t want to do the AMA workflow because I already start with this way (Import P2>Clips to bin) and I know that is possible to do this kind of transcode + relink in high quality.  

Any ideas?

Technical info: Windows 7, 8gb ram, Avid 5.5.3.
    Project: 1080p 23.98fps
    Original media: MXF, AVC-Intra 100, from P2 camera.

• Sat, Aug 4 2012 7:10 AM In reply to

Re: P2 AVC-Intra MC5.5.3- help Offline DNxHD 36 to 185 Online

You would highlight your sequence in the bin and use the batch import function to target the original files and re-import at the higher resolution. If the files are not found in the original path that you used to import at DnX 36, the system will ask you to define a new path.

If you are strapped for disk space and need to delete the DnX 36 media first, put the sequence in it's own bin, click the fast (hamburger) menu and go to "Set Bin Display..." then additionally activate "show reference clips" and "show rendered effects". This will display all source files and effects in your sequence. Delete ONLY the associated media files, NOT the master clips. Then, batch import.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Aug 5 2012 4:48 AM In reply to

Hi Larry, thanks for your answer,

Larry Rubin:
    If the files are not found in the original path that you used to import at DnX 36, the system will ask you to define a new path.

There´s one thing I don´t get about that: should I find the original source of each clip of my final cut to Batch Import? Look this screenshot picture, and you will understand better what is happening...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2wWInNuzr5oaXJGMGZXR2FUR28/edit

Screenshot Batch Import

Must to be an easyest way to reconnect all those clips from my DNxHD 36 sequence...

Thanks again!

• Sun, Aug 5 2012 8:39 PM In reply to

Sorry, I already fix the link; https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2wWInNuzr5oaXJGMGZXR2FUR28/edit

• Sun, Aug 5 2012 10:39 PM In reply to

Bring the P2 footage back online using the same process "Import P2"

This is basically an AMA link. Once the original are back online (yellow highlighted), place a copy of the sequence by itself in a bin.

In Fast Menu, set Bin Display, show Reference Clips.

Relink the .new files by selecting ALL drive (must be ALL), allow AMA relink.

This should relink your .new files back online. Retranscode the SEQUENCE if you want to do media only related to the sequence.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller