Latest post Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:26 AM by Larry Rubin. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 10 2012 9:12 AM

• Daniel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 26 2012
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Points 355

Deactivate Symphony

Hi,

I have been double booked in a suite so have to move to another. I don't have a dongle for Symphony so will need to deactivate and then activate in another room. I haven't done this before , is it possible and simple to do ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Avid Symphony 6.01 on Mac Pro & Media Composer 6.5 on Mac Pro I used to be Blue Crow [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:46 AM In reply to

Re: Deactivate Symphony

Yes.

if you're connected to the internet, you can launch Avid License control and deactivate on the first system, then do the reverse on the second system

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:51 AM In reply to

FunkyDragon:
    if you're connected to the internet, you can launch Avid License control and deactivate on the first system, then do the reverse on the second system

Confirmed.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:59 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Points 355

Thanks very much for the swift reply.

Avid Symphony 6.01 on Mac Pro & Media Composer 6.5 on Mac Pro I used to be Blue Crow [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:22 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Points 355

Good to see you are still around Larry Big Smile

• Fri, Aug 10 2012 11:26 AM In reply to

TCDan:

Good to see you are still around Larry Big Smile

Thanks, Dan. Regardless of what else happens at TPC, I intend to stick around here on these boards for quite some time to come.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller