Latest post Tue, Sep 4 2012 7:32 PM by SamEllens. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 4 2012 7:32 PM

• SamEllens
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 6 2011
    • Posts 12
    • Points 150

XDCam Proxy + Full Res Audio Relink Issue

Hi All,

Unfortunately I'm not sitting in front of the suite myself at the moment, but my assistant is and I should be able to get any additional needed information from her.

Running avid 5.5 on a 10.6.7 MacPro 4 core, shooting XDCAM HD 1080/23.98 (occassionally 48)

We consolodate the footage on set onto a unity (Proxy video + high res audio) for prep work/story edit/editing, while back at our HQ my assistant consolodates the footage as full res video and audio onto our big Terrablock server.  

My test workflows all worked fine, but we're encountering strange issues.  On some, but not all, sequences some, but not all, of the audio won't relink.  If you match frame into the groups the audio is still missing.  If you go to the raw captured file in its capture bin then the audio is fine.  I've done my share of troubleshooting in my day so I've attacked it from multiple angles.  One exampe that I really thought would work:  bring group into bin, show reference, unlink clip with offline audio, modify tracks to just audio, relink that - bupkis. 

On searching these forums I've found a couple people with similar issues and, as far as I can find, none of them have a solution posted. 

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - I don't want to have to do really time consuming workarounds.

Our workstations: HP Z840, Dual 14s, 64GB, Titan X My portable system: MacBook Pro, Quad i7, 16GB, 750m Currently on MC 2018.8 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller