Latest post Tue, Sep 18 2012 12:25 PM by Juris Eksts. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:22 PM

• Jay Kadlec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2012
    • United States
    • Posts 15
    • Points 240

Audio Key-frame Annoyance

So I just installed the new 6.5 Avid Media Composer and I'm having a certain issue with adjusting key frames. It will let me select one and move it around just like normal, however, when I do an in and out to select multiple keypoints it'll still only move the one that I click on. This used to work for 6.0 so I have no idea why it wouldn't now.
    Is there some secret option I have to click somewhere for it to work or something?
    I'm stumped, please help.

Operating System: MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1--- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Thuban 45nm Technology--- RAM: 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-11-11-28... [view my complete system specs]

Jay Kadlec jaykadlec productions | coastline studios

• Thu, Sep 13 2012 10:21 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Key-frame Annoyance

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that, I was informed, is a deliberate design change. See this thread for the full back story.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Sep 13 2012 10:49 PM In reply to

• Jay Kadlec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2012
    • United States
    • Posts 15
    • Points 240

That is unfortunate, I hope they decide to put it back in.

Thank you for the speedy response however. 

Operating System: MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1--- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Thuban 45nm Technology--- RAM: 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-11-11-28... [view my complete system specs]

Jay Kadlec jaykadlec productions | coastline studios

• Fri, Sep 14 2012 12:23 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,627
    • Points 60,455

I wonder who they spoke to regarding changing this feature? Of all then things they could change to improve, I kind of liked being able to adjust a range of keyframes using in/out - oh well - the ultimate adaptive machine will compensate (end-users, that is).

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:00 PM In reply to

I have escalated the following two keyframing issues to Avid engineering:

1)  Marks are no longer allowed to define an audio keyframe region. Only lassoing left to right will define a region. I was told this is a deliberate design change. IMO and that of many Forum members, that is a mistake and marking to define a region needs to be restored.

2)  In previous versions, when creating an audio keyframe at the same position across multiple audio tracks, with all relevant tracks active, grabbing and adjusting one of those keyframes would adjust all keyframes. This functionality no longer works - each track's keyframe must be adjusted separately, or very awkwardly lassoed. If this is another deliberate design change, it should also be negated and original functionality restored.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:49 PM In reply to

• Brickwad
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Simsbury, CT
    • Posts 950
    • Points 11,625

Please put ALL keyframes back the way they were before verson 5.

Thank You

1 MC4 Nitris DX on 12 core 2.66 mac pro 6 Gigs of Ram, 2 Symphony Nitris DX on eight core mac pro with 12 gig ram, 3 MC7 on Mac Pro, IMAC, and Macbook... [view my complete system specs]

WWLD?

• Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:04 AM In reply to

Larry, I'm still on MC4, so it doesn't work for me, but I can see that lassoing a bunch of keyframes, for instance all the lower ones in the clip, leaving out the high ones, (if that is the way that it works), then adjusting only those would seem like a benefit.

• Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:15 AM In reply to

Just to be clear, I'm not at all opposed to the lassoing technique. In certain circumstances it can be a more preferred way to go. But in other circumstances, marking is the preferred and faster method. I am simply saying to add that capability into the features set WITHOUT eliminating the feature to use mark in and out to define a region. Add new features, but DO NOT remove existing ones. I fail to see why the two techniques cannot peacefully coexist.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Sep 18 2012 12:25 PM In reply to

Completely agree, that's after all, one of Avid's great assets, that there are many ways to achieve an effect!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller