Latest post Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:32 PM by ManChicken. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 18 2012 2:01 PM

Nugen VisLM Loudness Meter on DS

Has anyone used the VST version of the Nugen VisLM-H Loudness Meter on a DS ?  Can you use it on a "master bus" to measure the actual audio out of the DS or can you measure only individual tracks ?

Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:22 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,442
    • Points 41,515

Re: Nugen VisLM Loudness Meter on DS

Don't know if it will work.  VST support is a bit iffy.  But, while you probably can not put the plug on a bus, you could create an audio container with the mix you need an drop the plug on top of that container.  That should get you where you want.

Good luck.  Let us know if it works.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:25 PM In reply to

I think DS supports VTS 1.0 implementation. I know very little about audio tools and I haven't been able to use any free VST plugins off the Internet.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

• Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:32 PM In reply to

• ManChicken
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 4 2008
    • Denver, CO
    • Posts 260
    • Points 3,295
    • Moderator: MetaFuze

We've actually had VST2 support for awhile now, but it's more or less broken and apparently isn't going to be fixed (low development resources and it's not a priority, etc.)

You might have luck using something like jBridge as an intermediate shim, I had luck with that in the past the last time I screwed around with it under v10.  It would also give you access to older 32-bit VSTs.

http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller