Latest post Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:06 PM by Chepal. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:56 PM

How to Batch Import only the files that are used in a sequence

Hi all,

I have a final sequence of a project currently linked to Avid DNX 175x files, and I would like to batch Import these files with the Apple Pro Res HQ codec, since i like better how this codec renders . The project has a big amount of files, and it would be very time consuming to batch Import all of them, especially when I am not using most of them in this sequence. The sequence is 12 minutes long, so go file by file is very time consuming as well. Does anyone know a way to tell Avid  to BAtch Import only the files that are being used? I have tried to decompose the sequence but it gives me an error. And I don't think I can decompose a sequence that has Magic Bullet Plugins in eevery single clip. Does anyone have a suggestion about how to approach this process in a simple not too time consuming way?

I'm working on MC6, btw.

thanks very much,

Filed under: ,
  • Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:59 PM In reply to

Re: How to Batch Import only the files that are used in a sequence

You don't necessarily need to decompose. Duplicate your sequence, put the duplicate in it's bin, right click and choose batch import specifying the new target resolution. Batch import is also in the bins menu.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:06 PM In reply to

• Chepal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • germany
    • Posts 537
    • Points 6,285

Re: How to Batch Import only the files that are used in a sequence

or transcode your duplicated_sequence to prores_hq, if your source are the dnxhd_175x.

che

mac_mc_8, fibre, sata, scsi [view my complete system specs]

peace from germany

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller