Latest post Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:40 PM by derekdrouin. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:40 PM

Match Framing Problem

Hello all,

I am having an issue with the match frame function in my shared project with the other editor.  We do not have a unity (low budget!) so we have two copies of the media, one for each system. 

A problem that arises occasionally on both systems is the match frame does not work. When we match frame from a sequence it opens the bin, but says "Could not select the clip "name.Group" in bin "name" The Bind display settings are not selected.

A bit about our workflow and systems:

First I receive the dailies media and copy it onto both system's external storage...both systems scan the media on their own. Then I prep the all the footage on one system, syncing and creating group clips, and putting the group clips in scene bins. Then I copy bins over to the editor's system and everything usually works fine....Until it doesnt.  He tries to match frame and while the bin opens (if it is closed) and the media loads into the source monitor it has the error pop up that is mentioned above.

My thoughts are this: What happens nightly is a process of merging the projects and alot of the time the original bin that I prepped the dailies in will be overwritten with the copy that I sent over to the editor.  While it is identical as far as I can see. I'm wondering if there is some sort of link between the sequences and group clips in the bin being broken between the two projects? Is there a problem arising from the fact that since we do not have a unity each system is making up its own links to clips?

We are both on OS 10.7.2 with Media Composer 6.0.3.

Thanks so much for any help with this. 

Derek

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller