Latest post Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:32 PM by jkl. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 16 2013 1:18 PM

• jkl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2007
    • Ireland
    • Posts 104
    • Points 1,300

Wildcard and other effects missing from BCC8 effects Palatte

I am hoping someone can help me with this, but i recently wanted to use the 'wildcards' effect BCC as I have version 8 but found it missing from my list of particle effects, I tried to uninstall boris and re-install it again but found it still missing and this time others were missing too, including the lens flare 3d, and stage lights which I have used before so I know I definitely had them working.

Can anyone please tell me how to cleanly uninstall boris (in case I didn't do it right) and re-install it again, or any other suggestion that may help fix this issue?

I need the wildcard effect for a project im working on right now, and I would obviously like to have all the other effects that I am missing too.. 

here's the list of what I discovered so far that are missing -

Particles : organic strands / Particel emmiter 3d / Wildcards

Film Style - Degrain

Lights - Lens flare 3d / stage light

Media Composer v7.0.3 with Symphony option. AJA in/out express BCC8.1 on HPz400 workstation with 12gb of RAM, Windows 7 professional 64bit NVIDIA QUADRO... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:11 PM In reply to

Re: Wildcard and other effects missing from BCC8 effects Palatte

I didn't look too deep, and there is an update posted, but here's what I found on the Boris website:

The following new features will be available to BCC 8 AVX customers via a forthcoming free software update:

• BCC Stage Light simulates production lights, projectors, or stage lighting.
    • BCC Lens Flare 3D creates cinematic looks and stylish broadcast design elements.
    • BCC Particle Emitter 3D provides a powerful, OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
    • BCC Organic Strands emulates flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, and more.
    • BCC Wild Cards allows editors to build complex designs of 2D images in 3D space.
    Antec P183 Antec CP-850 850W Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 2.66GHz 8MB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Asus P6T Deluxe v2 OCZ Platinum DDR3-1600 12GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 16 2013 9:15 PM In reply to

• jkl
    • Not Ranked
    • Ireland
    • Posts 104
    • Points 1,300

Thanks ill check that out, the odd part is I've used the lens flare 3d and the stage light before, so it was on my system, now I think when I uninstalled it and reinstalled they went missing. I think maybe Ididnt uninstall fully and it got confused? 

Media Composer v7.0.3 with Symphony option. AJA in/out express BCC8.1 on HPz400 workstation with 12gb of RAM, Windows 7 professional 64bit NVIDIA QUADRO... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:32 PM In reply to

• jkl
    • Not Ranked
    • Ireland
    • Posts 104
    • Points 1,300

Thanks for your help, I found the update on the Boris website and installed it, so far all that was missing seems to have returned and I have the new 'wildcards' plugin. so thanks again

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller