Latest post Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:04 PM by Dave Drusky. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:08 PM

6.0.3.3 (PC Only) - HW Updater not Functioning Properly - Resolved

Avid have discovered that when updating to 6.0.3.3 /10.0.3.3 (PC Only) with a Mojo DX or Nitris DX, the hardware will not update properly. We will be uploading 2 files to the Download Center (SOON) along with the steps to follow in order to resolve this issue.

Special thanks Douglas for catching this one!!!!!

Note: This issue does not affect 6.0.3.3 Macintosh systems with Mojo DX or Nitris DX.

Resolution:  In order for your hardware to update properly, you will need to replace two files on your system before launching the v6.0.3.3/10.0.3.3 PC patch.

Steps: Please follow the steps below if you wish to upgrade to 6.0.3.3/10.0.3.3 and have a Mojo DX or a Nitris DX attached.

1.       Uninstall any previous patches if you have them installed

2.       Install the v6.0.3.3/10.0.3.3 patch, but do not launch the application yet

3.       Download the NBRL.abf and NBRT.abf files below

4.       Replace the existing NBRL.abf and NBRT.abf files in the C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer   

\SupportingFiles\HWupdaters\DX directory with the new files you just downloaded

5.       Launch the application. Your Nitris DX or Mojo DX will update their firmware.

• Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:26 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: 6.0.3.3/10.0.3.3 (PC Only) - HW Updater not Functioning Properly - Resolved

I just tried the steps above and would like to add a couple of comments which may or may not be valid.

After applying the Media Composer 6.0.3.3 patch, you will be asked to restart your computer.  I exchanged the NBRL.abf and NBRT.abf files before I did a shutdown and restart

I don't know if it matters or not.

Then, after a restart, I launched MC and the MojoDX was updated.
    I was then asked to do a complete shutdown and restart.

I did that and then relaunched MC

BUT the MojoDX was not initialised. Geeked

Having learned not to panic in such cases, I shutdown my computer. Pulled out the MojoDX power cord, waited a minute, plugged in again and rebooted.
    THis time MC started with the MojoDX functioning properly!!  Yes

REgards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:04 PM In reply to

• Dave Drusky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 7 2010
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 10
    • Points 90

Re: 6.0.3.3 (PC Only) - HW Updater not Functioning Properly - Resolved

I'm seeing this same issue after a clean install of 6.0.3.3 on the Mac side, and the Slot Configuration doesn't work on Lion. I was able to get it to open MC once, but after a restart, it no longer works. Seems we have to power cycle the Nitris every time we reboot the machine. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller