Latest post Fri, Mar 1 2013 10:04 PM by Nnata. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:48 PM

media tool on avid isis

Hi there,

i am now working at Discovery Networks Italy. they just swapped from FC pro to Avid. we used to use EDIT SHARE and moved to AVID ISIS. We are now disappointed with a couple of things. . If we'd like to open MEDIA TOOL on ISIS sometimes no media appears and sometime media do appear. We are split off between EDIT SHARE and ISIS. I can't understand what's the matter. Is it just a problem of "privileges" or is it something else. How can I delete media files on avid using MEDIA TOOLS in ISIS? We have, let's say 8 etid suits. ISIS is supposed to be the connection with all of them... and everyone is supposed to have his own "PRIVILEGES" or preferences...

I'm working on a MAC. On MC6.5.2 on ISIS and on the latest Os.

Thanks

A presto

Benedetto

• Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:59 PM In reply to

Re: media tool on avid isis

On ISIS, with no Interplay, Media Tool should see any media on any mounted Workspace.  If not, something else is wrong.  RO will allow you top see the media.  RW is required to delete media.

And, hello from Discovery Studios West / West Hollywood, CA

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Fri, Mar 1 2013 2:01 PM In reply to

Close Media Composer, search your local system for Media Tool.avb and delete them. then launch Avid and run the media tool.  sometimes that file gets stupid and needs to be deleted in order to show all of the items in the Media Tool.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Fri, Mar 1 2013 10:04 PM In reply to

• Nnata
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • London
    • Posts 1,026
    • Points 13,665

FunkyDragon:

Close Media Composer, search your local system for Media Tool.avb and delete them. then launch Avid and run the media tool.  sometimes that file gets stupid and needs to be deleted in order to show all of the items in the Media Tool.

Thanks for this. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller