Latest post Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:54 PM by Mars Hill Productions. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:11 PM

Digital artifacts when creating Uncompressed .MOV

We are experiening strange digital artifacts when exporting out of Avid Symphony. We never had a problem before until now. We were running the Symphony on a HPZ800. We upgraded our facility for expansion and purchased a new HPZ820. We are running Symphony 6.0.1 on both systems. Only the HPZ820 has the nitris and that is the system we are exorting from for this project. The digital artifacts never occur in the same place. Could someone help with this issue? Here is a sample of some of the random digital artifacts when exporting. It looks like the image was cut in half and a field was moved up. Just a guess.

System Specs

• HPZ820
    • Window 7 64 bit
    • Quadro 4000
    • Avid Symphony 6.0.1 with Nitris
    • 12 gigs of ram

Thanks.

Joe

HPZ820 Intel Xeon E5-2640 2.5 Ghz (2 processors) Nvideo Quadro 4000 16 GB of ram Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Avid Media Composer (Symphony option) v8.2 ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 12 2013 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: Digital artifacts when creating Uncompressed .MOV

Have you tried launching Symphoy with the Nitris box turned off so in software only mode and doing the export then?

Just a stab in the dark.

Also I'd try updating to V 6.0.3.3

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Mar 12 2013 5:13 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply. I will try what you recommended and get back to you. I did notice that Soreson did not create any digital artifacts, however the color space was off when making a Quicktime movie from an Avid Quicktime Reference file. I will be doing more testing to get this digital artifact issue fixed. Any more ideas please let me know.

Thanks.

HPZ820 Intel Xeon E5-2640 2.5 Ghz (2 processors) Nvideo Quadro 4000 16 GB of ram Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Avid Media Composer (Symphony option) v8.2 ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:54 PM In reply to

Hi Pat,

I wanted to let you know that by updating my Avid suite to version 6.0.3.3 the hardware issue went away. Now I am experiencing the issue again but on a different Avid symphony suite running on a aja express I/O breakout box. When exporting I get a line across the screen. This suite has also been updated to avid 6.0.3.3. I suspect a hardware issue again. Do you have any suggesstions?

Joe

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller