Latest post Sun, May 5 2013 6:31 PM by FunkyDragon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 5 2013 5:08 PM

• gusmeister
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 9
    • Points 110

Dongle usage on second system.

I have updated and used my dongle for my desktop Avid 5.5 MC with success.  Now, months later, I want to do some Avid 5.5 MC editing on my laptop using the same dongle.  My laptop doesn't "see" the dongle.  How do I get my laptop to see and use the dongle without unauthorizing my desktop version of Avid?  It is my understanding that with dongle authorization one can use more than one computer for editing - am I wrong?

I am using MC 5.53 on Mac Lion (on desktop), Mountain Lion on Laptop.  (I successfully used MC 5.53 on my laptop using the 30 free trial, but now that trial period has ended).

Filed under:
  • Sun, May 5 2013 6:11 PM In reply to

Re: Dongle usage on second system.

gusmeister:
    It is my understanding that with dongle authorization one can use more than one computer for editing - am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong. Any computer with MC 5.5 installed can be run by a dongle authorized for MC 5.5. And unlike software licenses, there is NOTHING TO DEACTIVATE when using a dongle. You simply unplug it from one computer and plug it into the other.

gusmeister:
    I am using MC 5.53 on Mac Lion (on desktop), Mountain Lion on Laptop.  (I successfully used MC 5.53 on my laptop using the 30 free trial, but now that trial period has ended).

First of all, MC 5.5.3 is not supported using OS 10.8.0 or higher. It is specifically supported on OS 10.6.8 through 10.7.5.

And on one hand, you say you updeated your dongle for MC 5.5, but on the other hand you say your were runnning on a trial license? Please clarify.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, May 5 2013 6:31 PM In reply to

Re: Dongle usage on second system.

you may need to boot into the 32bit kernel in order for your MC to see your dongle.

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller