Latest post Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:15 PM by MarzaGuy. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:12 PM

• MarzaGuy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 14 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

MC6 not recognizing Black Magic Intensity Pro card HDMI output

I was in the middle of an edit session with my director and all of a sudden the output to my Avid stopped client monitor stopped working! Its definitely not the card or the monitor because I switched cards and monitors with my assistant and it still didn't work.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Avid MC6, but it still didn't work.  There's something in my Mac Pro or in my Avid settings or preferences or something that's causing it.  I tried opening a Final Cut Pro project and the card has no problem outputting video from Final Cut Pro.  its just Avid that has the problem.  In Avid, I tried going to Tools > Hardware Settings, but Hardware Settings is greyed out.  Any suggestions??? I'm using Mac OS X 10.8.4 if that helps.  Thanks in advance.

• Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:15 PM In reply to

• MarzaGuy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 14 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Re: MC6 not recognizing Black Magic Intensity Pro card HDMI output

The problem was solved thanks to Marianna.  She suggested to delete the Site files:

To delete the Site setting files:

1. Quit the Avid editing application.

2. Go to the Mac Hard Drive icon and double-click on it.

3. Choose the Applications Folder (for OSX).

4. Choose the Avid product folder.

5. Choose the Settings folder.

6. Delete these files:  

MC State 

Site Attributes 

Site Settings

7. Close all windows.

8. Start the Avid editing application again.

After step 8, Tools > Hardware Setup worked and I played with the settings at it worked! I'm just posting this here in case anyone runs into a similar problem.  :)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller