Latest post Mon, Jul 29 2013 10:16 PM by Marianna. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:33 PM

• cjm2013
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 19 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

"segmentation fault" in thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0

I keep getting this error when i am trancoding Xvac Intra HD 100mbs (1080)- AMA linked footage, trancoding to DNXHD 175X. I'm not sure why this is happening??? I have downloaded all the correct plugins, and change the permission on the hard drive to read and write.. if anyone has a solution for this that i would greatly appreciate it!

I am running Avid MC 6.5.2.1 on Mac OS 10.8.3, on a brand new power book 2.7ghz

• Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:08 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: "segmentation fault" in thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/101235.aspx

check that out - my bet it's your issue

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:54 PM In reply to

• cjm2013
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 19 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

thanks, but That didn't seem to work? 

• Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:17 AM In reply to

Having the same problem transcoding XDCAM footage from AMA. Help! 

• Tue, Jul 9 2013 2:21 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Are you also on a Mac?  Did you make sure that your permissions were set properly on the internal drive is you are?

If not, give us a glimpse of your system profile and what you are doing that leads up to the error.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Jul 15 2013 1:14 AM In reply to

Same prob here Marianna. This workflow is new to me. i just got a new camera amd im used to mini dv tapes.

My process is insert sd card, open avid, ama link to volume, create a sequence, start to transcode the sequence ...when it gets to clip 12 out of 15  (its a sequence not sure what clips avid means) i get the error Segmentation fault in thread "main thread" at adress 0x0. The sequence is 1hr 27 min. I tested very short clips before this happened and it worked.

Mac mini server OS 10.7.5

avid 6.5.3

Panasonic x920

Also im shooting at 1080p 59.97fps...i chose the project format to be 1080i/59.97 because there isnt a 1080P choice. Is this what i should be doing? Or should i just shoot at 1080i if its gonna be converted anyway. I was under the impression 1080p was the best quality.

thanks

• Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Elroy

Ok let's take this from the top.

1.  I assume you have the system drives permissions set properly right?

Click on the system (Macintosh HD in most cases) drive to highlight
            From the File menu select Get Info (cmd+I)
            Click the lock icon in the bottom right to make changes
            Click on the “Read only” text in the Privilege column next to Everyone and set the privilege to “Read & Write”

2.  If you repair permissions on the system drive will reset and they will have to repeat the above procedure.

3.  Can you tell what Clip 12 is?  How big it is? Does it have any effects in the sequence and area around that clip?

4.  Can you isolate that part of the sequence and see if it errors out if you split it right before the clip in question?

5.  what happens if you copy the contents of the sequence into a new one and then try that?

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Jul 16 2013 2:43 AM In reply to

1. Yes i have permissions right

2. I dont know what clip it is because i recorded 1 long 1hr and 27 min clip and on the cameras SD card it broke it into 4 files. But when I ama linked to volume all four clps were successfuly linked to avid but 1 was the full legnth 1hr 27min (which doesnt exist on the card) and the other 3 clips added up to less than the full legnth. (Any ideas on why?) I used the one clip that was full legnth and created a test sequence. I threw in a few effects to test as well but after reading your post I deleted all effects and it didnt help.

3. I noticed avid put a green dot (looks like a locator dot) 45 min into the sequence. Not sure what it means. Clicked on it, and created an add edit to split the sequence there. Made the marker disappear but didnt help.

4. Now i tried transcoding the 1hr 27 min CLIP rather than the sequence I created with the clip. That created the same error and crashed about 1/4 of the way through transcoding.

5. Tried transcoding the other shorter clips individually and got the same error on one and this one on another: error "core audio manager:get num output busses () irep->icurrento output device is set to null" . Avid froze.

6. Tried copying the sequence and pasting into a new one like you suggested but got the same error.

Also note that the project setting is 1080i 59.94fps and when i try to transcode it warns me my 1080p 59.94 clips dont match the project settings so I wont be able to relink to them. When I first tested the camera I shot at 1080i and i was able to IMPORT the files (rather than ama link to volume which i have to do with 1080p footage because i get an error saying the file format is not supported for import) and while importing the AVID transcoded on the fly (and was successful outputting a test sequence). However the sequence was only a couple of minutes long not 1.5 hrs so I dont know which is causing the problem, the legnth or the interlaced vs progressive. But as i understand it progressive looks better so id like to figure out how to use it without errors. 

Thanks

• Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:45 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Elroy

I just emailed you....

Ping me back on email after you get my note and speak with support.

:)

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:10 PM In reply to

Thanks Marianna, Ill let you know what happens and also Ill post the results to help the rest of the forum members

• Tue, Jul 16 2013 10:26 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

You got the Avid Service code right?

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sun, Jul 21 2013 11:05 PM In reply to

The resolution to the problem is to repair drive permissions. Even if you have read/write privaleges and even if the disc is verified to be ok. Run the permissions anyway. Thanks Marianna!

• Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:37 PM In reply to

I have tried repairing the permissions on the main drive, as well as confirming that I can "Read&Write" on the main drive, and I am stell getting this error. 

I am attempting to import Canon 5D Mark III footage into my project. It processes the audio of the clip fine, but when it attempts to process the video, the progress bar zips to the end and then freezes. 

Any other ideas?

• Mon, Jul 29 2013 10:16 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

try taking your plug in folder out of the appplications folder and put it on the dekstop.  then try it.  if it works - one or more of the plug in's could be causing the issue.

marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller