Latest post Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:40 PM by Daniel Frome. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 1 2013 8:09 PM

• chapul
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 1 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 120

Unable to consolidate AMA linked Pro Res files

When I hit consoldate an error message pops up that says the media is in an unsupported format and that I need to transcode.

They are Pro Res HQ files - AMA Linked into AVID MC 7.

• Tue, Jul 2 2013 4:39 AM In reply to

Re: Unable to consolidate AMA linked Pro Res files

Make sure your project settings are the same as the media you're linking too!

MC 7.0 Symphony 7.0 Win 7 64bit 1 x XW 8600 quad 16gig ram 480gig SSD FX 5400 4 1tb 32 mb cache drives Pro tools 10 Avid fx Avid 3d Matrox... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 5 2013 11:14 PM In reply to

• chapul
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 120

So in order to consolidate Pro Res I have to have a pro res project?

That didn't seem to be the case when Avid announced pro res compatibility. 

My project has a lot a variable media, mainly transcoded or consolidated mxf but would be very handy to have pro res consolidation work. 

• Sat, Jul 6 2013 1:06 PM In reply to

I'm pretty sure if you're on a MAC that Prorez whilst installed was a native format hence you're able to consolidate? Also just make sure that the media and project match ie 1080p for 1080p 1080i to 1080i so on!

Anyone else care to chime?

Jvr

MC 7.0 Symphony 7.0 Win 7 64bit 1 x XW 8600 quad 16gig ram 480gig SSD FX 5400 4 1tb 32 mb cache drives Pro tools 10 Avid fx Avid 3d Matrox... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:02 PM In reply to

How were these Prores files created?  Were they made in a program like Apple compressor?  Details please.  

Home: 2012 rMBP 2.6ghz, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.10.5, MC 8.4.1 || Work: HP Z400, Win7 Professional, MC 6.5, ISIS/Interplay @danielfrome on twitter [view my complete system specs]

Avid GoPro

• Sun, Jul 7 2013 12:48 PM In reply to

When Javier Valledor said make sure you have a project that has the same settings, he didn't mean make a ProRes project - he meant match your project settings to your file settings - if your ProRes files are 1080p29.97, create a 1080p29.97 project and consolidate there.  Then, once you consolidate, switch over to your main project, open that consolidated bin within your original project, and edit away.  Your media will have motion adapters automatically applied in the timeline to make it the same rate and size as the project.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:24 AM In reply to

• chapul
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 120

tfg: they were created using Magic Bullet

usatraveler: Thank you! Will try that! So by copying that bin over to into the project I want it to be in (at the finder level too) all the files will be there, consolidated?

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:40 PM In reply to

chapul:

tfg: they were created using Magic Bullet

usatraveler: Thank you! Will try that! So by copying that bin over to into the project I want it to be in (at the finder level too) all the files will be there, consolidated?

You see, I've come across scenarios where this happens as well.  For me, whenever I created ProRes clips using a QMASTER cluster in Apple Compressor caused this error.  It was something about clustered rendering that tripped up Avid into thinking that those files weren't native.  With the exact same render preset, except the QMASTER cluster turned off, those files consolidated just fine.  

My guess is that something similar is happening with Magic Bullet's render process.  

Home: 2012 rMBP 2.6ghz, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.10.5, MC 8.4.1 || Work: HP Z400, Win7 Professional, MC 6.5, ISIS/Interplay @danielfrome on twitter [view my complete system specs]

Avid GoPro

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller