Latest post Tue, Feb 18 2014 2:43 AM by rolinhard316. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:24 PM

DMF service offline/Avid Editor Service failure

I have installed MC7 and it seems to be running well. Except, DMF is offline and will not launch, even when I try to enabale it in the Avid Editor Service Manager in the taskbar. Nothing happens, and it says "failure starting". And enabling it in Tools>>Background Services does not actiavte it either. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

T

Filed under:
  • Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:43 PM In reply to

• cuervo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, May 2 2008
    • Santa Fe, NM
    • Posts 1,174
    • Points 15,595

Re: DMF service offline/Avid Editor Service failure

I've found a few things that might help.

First, if you're running a Blackmagic Thunderbolt I/O device, unplug it and try to get DMF Service to connect.

Next, if you're on a PC, open the Computer management/Services window and scroll down the list of services to 'Avid DMF Service'. Right click on it and select PROPERTIES. Once in the DMF Service Properties window, select the LOGON window and make sure the Local System Account radio button is selected. Click OK and exit.

Finally, check the startup mode in the services window and be sure "manual" is selcted, not "disabled"

Hope this helps.

SYS1:ASUS Z97, Haswell 4.0GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, Quadro 4200 + GTX1070, Thunderbolt II -DNxIO-FSI CM171 ///SYS2:ASUS Maximus Extreme V, Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz... [view my complete system specs]

M-Power Independent Video and Film Services, Sony PMW-F5--Sony FS700U--Canon 7d--Odyssey 7Q

• Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:56 PM In reply to

Cuervo, thanks for responding. That was a great idea to look there. I'm not seeing Avid DMF Service. Which tells me the software didn't install properly. I suppose my best bet is to do a re-install of MC. Not what I was hoping for, but likely what I need to do. Unless another idea comes up sooner.

thanks again

T

Windows 7 64 bit

• Mon, Aug 19 2013 1:29 PM In reply to

• Jay Kadlec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2012
    • United States
    • Posts 15
    • Points 240

Go to tools-background services and then make sure 'always start avid editor services' is checked. Restart Avid. If that doesn't do it then make sure to download current AMA Drivers, the P2 Drivers is what did it for me. You shouldn't have to re-install, I had this same problem but the drivers fixed it for me.
    Hope I was of help. 

Operating System: MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1--- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Thuban 45nm Technology--- RAM: 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-11-11-28... [view my complete system specs]

Jay Kadlec jaykadlec productions | coastline studios

Filed under: , ,
  • Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:08 AM In reply to

• NickFJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 24 2012
    • Sydney
    • Posts 25
    • Points 245

The Blackmagic Thunderbolt I/O definately needs to be disconnected if you are using one.

Thanks cuervo - Nick

Avid Media Composer 7.0.2 Mac OS X 10.8.5 iMac 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Promise T/bolt 4TB Raid Lacie T/bolt 6TB Raid [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 18 2014 2:43 AM In reply to

• rolinhard316
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Southern California
    • Posts 22
    • Points 310

I actually just ran into this problem with my Windows 7 Pro Media Composer 7.0.3 machine with a AJA IO Xpress & RED Rocket. After a day of chasing my tail, I found out that the Boris Continuum Effects AVX 8.2 (lastest-greatest MC7 friendly version) was causing the issue for me. Once I removed the BCC folder from the Avid AVX2_Plug-ins folder and restarted my machine the Dynamic Media Folders began to function correctly, and all was well.

Does anybody else have this issue with BCC installed?

MC 8.8, HP Z800, Dual Quad 3.2GHz, 24Gb RAM, Win10 Pro 64bit, NVIDIA K4000, Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, RED Rocket-X, CalDigit HDPRO [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller