Latest post Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:31 PM by Kyle. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:15 PM

• Rubén Abruña
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 16 2011
    • Zürich, Switzerland
    • Posts 33
    • Points 375
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Relinking and decomposing with AMA and DNxHD

Hello:

I am working with material shot at 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976fps with a Canon 5D. I have the H.264 files recorded by the camera, plus high quality separate audio files. 

I brought the H.264 files via AMA and started editing with them. In the background, using MC7, I was transcoding the files to 80 Mbs DNxHD. They were created with the .new suffix.

How can I relink the sequence I was already working on that used the H264 files to the new DNxHD clips and continue editing with them (the higher rez clips) until the end.  As far as I know, you cannot decompose a sequence with AMA. 

Thanks.

Rubén Abruña

MBP 15 in. , Early 2011 Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i& Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB OS 10.9.5 MC8.3.0 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:31 PM In reply to

• Kyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 29 2012
    • Posts 135
    • Points 1,685

Re: Relinking and decomposing with AMA and DNxHD

Select all your .new clips and then right click on your sequence and choose relink. Choose the "relink to selected items in all bins option" and you should be set. It might also be possible to delete/remove your AMA files on the hard drive and then relink the offline clips to the new DnxHD media, in which case the sequence would automatically update and you could delete the .new clips (not the files just the clips). There's probably a few other ways to go about it as well. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller