Latest post Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:26 AM by Patrice Scanlon. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:26 AM

FCP 6 convertor to Media Composer 6.5/7

Hello!

It's with great excitement to say that I am 2 months into Media Composer and loving it! I love everything, with 2 exceptions, about this program and I am glad I made the switch. 

However, this switch isn't just for me personally but more importantly for my students. It is my job as Technical Director of a video program in higher education, that these students receive the most professional training in their undergraduate and graduate degree programs. 

The only 2 things I miss about FCP 6 are the Log and Transfer window and the easy file structure.

I will have anywhere from 12-100 users logging into a Mac through Active Directory to use this software. Then the next day, the student might have to work at another computer. The ISIS, Cloud storage, and/or Sever storage options are not available due to budgetary reasons. I believe the easiest way to work around the OS hard drive filling up quickly with “Avid Media Files-->  MFX --> 1… etc.”, is to require each user to have an external (FW-800 7200-RPM at least) hard drive to use with Media Composer.

FYI: We are using Panasonic AVCHD camcorders.

Thanks for reading!

MacBook Pro 15" (non-retina) 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, OWC SSD 250GB, 8 GB of RAM (mid-2012) Mac OS 10.8.4 Media Composer 7.0.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller