Latest post Thu, Oct 9 2014 7:18 PM by vfxeditor@sbcglobal.net. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 2 2013 1:08 AM

• AngieCM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 18 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

MC7 search data creation error

I keep getting an error which says unable to create search directory data- Does anyone have an ideas, or suggestions to remedy? New user with mc here. 

• Fri, Aug 2 2013 4:59 AM In reply to

Re: MC7

In order to help, we need to know more about the system you're using.  What OS, processor, video card, and how much RAM?  What are you doing when the error appears?

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Aug 2 2013 7:58 AM In reply to

• Nnata
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 13 2010
    • London
    • Posts 1,026
    • Points 13,665

camoscato:

In order to help, we need to know more about the system you're using.  What OS, processor, video card, and how much RAM?  What are you doing when the error appears?

and also a more appropriate thread title. Saying MC7 is just lazy and won't help you get this seen too, nor will it help other people with the same problem.

• Wed, Feb 12 2014 9:56 PM In reply to

• djwilps42
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 12 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

I'm also having this problem. I'm on mac Mountain Lion, Intel i5 and i7 prossesor (second computer), Geforce GT 330M video card on one and Geforce 680MX on the other, 32gb of Ram on one and 8 on the other. Please Any help with this would be amazing. I've been working on a project for several months and I keep getting this message. It hasn't been interfering with my editing so I didn't think anything of it but now I'm trying to export an aaf for sound to go to protools and I'm getting the same message.

• Wed, Feb 12 2014 10:06 PM In reply to

The search data is created in a folder called searchdata located inside your project. I suspect theres a permissions issue preventing the background search function accessing that location or the Mac OS gatekeeper blocking the search service.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Wed, Feb 12 2014 10:22 PM In reply to

• djwilps42
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Thanks how to do I go about fixing that? I went to that folder in finder and changed the permissions for it to everyone but that didn't work.

• Wed, Feb 12 2014 11:53 PM In reply to

• djwilps42
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

It also just seems to give me that message when I make a new project not just when opening it.

• Thu, Oct 9 2014 7:18 PM In reply to

This is actually an easy fix that avid can't seem to figure out.  Go into search (ctrl-F) then into the Settings tab.  Once you change the location of the Search folder then everything should work.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller