Latest post Wed, Sep 18 2013 3:21 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:42 AM

Issues relinking graphics

Hi there

A colleague has prepared an offline edit using Avid 7.5 on a laptop and saving the project and all mxf files to an external hard drive.

I have successfully transferred the project and all media files to the main edit suite (same software version) and I am able to edit, but the graphics on the timeline are currently offering 'media offline' and no matter where I try to relink the clips to (including the original extaernal hard drive) I cannot get them to relink. 

I can see the GX in the bin and load them into the player window but cannot get the timeline to see them. 

As things stand I'll have to recreate all the GX on the timeline which will take a day or so. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I'm relatively new to Avid so please make answers newbie-friendly.

Many thanks.

Dave

• Wed, Sep 18 2013 3:21 PM In reply to

Re: Issues relinking graphics

As we're only on Version 7.0.2 I assuem you mean V6.5?

Copy the sequence to a new empty bin.

In the bottom hamburger choose bin displaya and enable showing reference clips (thsi creats in the bin clips that represent the clips int he sequence.

You can now select one of the GFX clips and compare it to the clips you can play and see what's different.

Do the timecodes match? what drive does the offline clip show (that will be the last drive the media was seen by Avid on)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller