Latest post Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:07 PM by Randall L. Rike. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 27 2013 8:52 PM

• CyberWrek
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 27 2013
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Pro Tools 8 LE low levels

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting, so I apologize if my question is placed in the wrong area. I recently installed Pro Tools 10 on my Mac and have been using it every day without issue for the past two months. A friend of mine recently bought Pro Tools 8 LE for her PC and asked me to install it. Being the cocky guy I am, I said, "Sure! Piece of cake!"

Well, it's been anything but a piece of cake.

The installation went fine. I initially thought she'd have issues trying to install an older Pro Tools onto her Windows 8 system, but it installed fine and loads fine. No crashes or anything.

The MBox mini she bought shows proper levels in channel 1 and channel 2 separately. I've adjusted the gain to make sure neither the mic in channel 1 nor the guitar in channel 2 is clipping. I can hear the instruments fine through headphones plugged into the MBox Mini. But, when I record-enable track 1 in Pro Tools with Analog Input 1, it shows no levels. When I change it to Analog Input 2, it shows a very low level (1/3 up the green meter).

The strange thing is that both the mic and the guitar are registering on the same track, despite the fact that I have Analog Input 2 selected.

If this helps, when I import audio into Pro Tools and play the tracks, the audio is completely distorted in the headphones plugged into the MBox. I feel so stupid not being able to help my friend out with this. Oh, and I thought maybe there was some issue with Windows 8, so I installed the same setup on her Windows Vista computer and it does the exact same thing. Also, I upgraded Pro Tools 8 to 8.0.5 and the Mbox driver is 1.1.7.

Ideas? Thanks.

• Fri, Sep 27 2013 8:59 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,089
    • Points 216,625
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Pro Tools 8 LE low levels

Hey Cyber

This is the pro video community forums....  the pro audio forums are here: http://duc.avid.com/

Post this in the legacy forums or the Get Started forum there.

Also there is a lot of info on the Knowledge base too.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:07 PM In reply to

Re: Pro Tools 8 LE low levels

This is the Pro Video Forum.  You should repost in the Pro Audio Forum.

(what Marianna said)

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller