Latest post Sun, Oct 6 2013 11:48 PM by Jayson. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 3 2013 3:07 PM

Workflow AMC 6 to AFX CS6

Hi everyone,

Im back to Avid, and the retourn from FCP is been very hard and very dissapointed, sorry to sound pesimistic but I miss the simplicity and the effienty from FCP vs  the unnecesary comlexity and trooubles from Avid.  

The main issue Im dealing with at the moment it's how the workflow between Avid Media Composer 6 and After Effects CS6 works:

I work with Gopro and 7D variable frame rate,sometimes 100 fps. 50fps 25 fps... So I discovered that AMA dosent work very weel with ramps, so I decided to import footage to Avid system MXF (by the way any player for MXF??) But when I export AAF as Link to Media, AFX says unsupported media. The codec to import the footage to AVid I used was APR422 MXF

So the question is: waht's the best way to work with bouth softwares? Why Avid dosen't work with the very easy XML??

There are so many options to export the AAF but I havent realized wich it's suitable for AFX... Hard Drive space is something important, so please dont recomend me to export new files.

What Im asking is the smart way to work in terms of space, quality and speed between the AMC6 and AFX CS6  

Is any documentation online to learn the workflow: GOPRO 7D+ AVID + AFX + RESOLVE?

Before with FCP I used to conform the footage Cinematools, How the conformation process is made in Avid enviroment?

Thanks a lot in advance. 

• Sun, Oct 6 2013 11:48 PM In reply to

• Jayson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 12 2011
    • Jamaica
    • Posts 10
    • Points 110

Re: Workflow AMC 6 to AFX CS6

AFX? I'm used to AE. Not sure if After Effects supports Pro Res in MXF. You could have just went with Pro Res in MOV that works both ways from Avid to After Effects. 

i7, 8GB ram, GTX 560 Ti / Macbook Pro 15inch, Lion, 8GB ram, Radeon 6750M [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller