Latest post Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:33 AM by moviejulie. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 6 2013 3:14 AM

• Ben Insler
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 5 2012
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 18
    • Points 215

[BUG] Import crash when .aiff contains text track (MC 7.0.2)

I've received a number of score elements and stems for import into MC 7.0.2.  Some of these tracks contain a text track - likely metadata from the recording or mixing session that has been embedded.  This track can be seen with QT 7 Pro as a pulldown in the progress bar display (likely misinterpreted as a chapter or subtitle track) or by revealing the movie properties - otherwise, the data is hidden.

Importing .aiffs with the embedded text track into MC crashes with the error "A serious error has occurred.  It is recommended that you save your work and restart the system."  HOWEVER, these .aiffs play fine when linked via AMA, AND transcode from AMA to MXF without any problem.  Thus I can only assume that there is a bug within the import module that Transcode is not encountering, causing one to fail but not the other.

When the import crashes, it occurs at the end of the import every time, with the progress bar about 99% complete.

System Specs: MC 7.0.2, Mac OS 10.8.4, 2x2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 16GB 1066 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB, BlackMagic Decklink Extreme 3 (video hardware is currently turned off in MC).

• Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:34 PM In reply to

Re: [BUG] Import crash when .aiff contains text track (MC 7.0.2)

Did you ever find a solution or work around for this? I just started running into this same exact problem at work after we upgraded from MC 6.

• Wed, Jul 2 2014 12:33 AM In reply to

Re: [BUG] Import crash when .aiff contains text track (MC 7.0.2)

We've found a solution to the problem. In our case, the "text track" turned out to be a marker in aiff file. Removing the marker allows the aiff to be batch imported. 

This only seems to be an issue with newer versions of Avid and only with Batch Import.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller